Dylan McGeough

Agreed... from what i've seen i can't work out why he thinks McGeouch should get that midfield spot ahead Leadbitter, his form seems a continuation of what he showed last season without much change... and last season he wasnt good enough.
Probably because he was trying to rest Grant a bit. He said after Saturday that there were players with knocks
Needs to decide on his centre midfield axis and stuck with it for at least 4 games....all this chopping and changing just leads to confusion.
Not sure Grant can manage 2 games a week

I see what you are saying but there is a hell of a lot more to a performance than judging them on pass completion rate! I just think he offers more than some people seem to think on here!
You’re correct of course but given his composure on the ball and ability to retain possession are the things seem to rate him on I think it’s a fair way to look at him.

Thanks @chriswallace85 - that's a great website. Very useful. Shame that the offensive stats don't also include xG ratios though.

So a look at some of the stats to see if they truly back up the view of myself (and many others) that the reason for the lack of clean sheets is because we don't hold the ball well enough or create enough chances (keeping sides on the back foot against us).

Possession = 51.0% (11th best in the league)
Pass Success %'age = 69.7% (13th best in the league)
Shots per game = 9.3 (22nd in the league - 2nd worst!!!)
Shots in penalty box = 5.3 (19th in the league - 5th worst)
Goals = 13 (8th best in the league)

Those are some pretty damning statistics really and 100% back up the view held by a lot of people. We simply do not get and keep the ball well enough.

Interestingly, from a defensive perspective:
Shots against per game = 10 (4th best in the league)
Interceptions per game = 7.6 (16th best in the league)
Tackles per game = 12.1 (joint 22nd - worst in the league)

Surprise, surprise, the defensive statistics show that we don't make enough tackles and its not compensated for by interceptions either. So we aren't getting the ball back quickly, which prevents us breaking quickly on sides and also prevents us from being able to retain possession enough.

Last edited:
Thanks @chriswallace85 - that's a great website. Very useful. Shame that the offensive stats don't also include xG ratios though.

So a look at some of the stats to see if they truly back up the view of myself (and many others) that the reason for the lack of clean sheets is because we don't hold the ball well enough or create enough chances (keeping sides on the back foot against us).

Possession = 51.0% (11th best in the league)
Pass Success %'age = 69.7% (13th best in the league)
Shots per game = 9.3 (22nd in the league - 2nd worst!!!)
Shots in penalty box = 5.3 (19th in the league - 5th worst)
Goals = 13 (8th best in the league)

Those are some pretty damning statistics really and 100% back up the view held by a lot of people. We simply do not get and keep the ball well enough.

Interestingly, from a defensive perspective:
Shots against per game = 10 (4th best in the league)
Interceptions per game = 7.6 (16th best in the league)
Tackles per game = 12.1 (joint 22nd - worst in the league)

Surprise, surprise, the defensive statistics show that we don't make enough tackles and its not compensated for by interceptions either. So we aren't getting the ball back quickly, which prevents us breaking quickly on sides and also prevents us from being able to retain possession enough.
Yep.

This brings me to another criticism of McGeouch @toomdog. He made his first tackle in the 91st minute on Tuesday night. 91 minutes. Just watch him without the ball - he's awful. Ball watches and runs away. Doesn't put a challenge in, doesn't harass. He's just dire.

Back