Dylan McGeouch

Ball retention is always important no matter what league we are in , last season we gave the ball away far too much ,
McGeough is good at being available to take the ball and keep it , it's up to fellow midfielders or players further up the pitch to make themselves available . When he passes the ball backwards it's not always his fault the main thing is not to surrender possession , without the ball the opponents threat is minimised , as a holding midfielder this is a positive not a negative , a change of playing formation should improve his passing options.
I agree about keeping the ball but I dont see McGeouch being that effective at it. He certainly isn't as good as some are making out. It your want to retain the ball then Grant is your man, he is so calm under pressure and receives the ball in tight positions. Leadbitter also has a range of passing that McGeouch can only dream of.

I'll end on McGeouch was fourth choice last season and it was a distant fourth as well.

Looks like aberdeen have pipped Hibs to the signing of funso Ojo so Mcgeoch looks out imo
Lads this is a daft argument really ,Ross didn't even involve him in the match 18 at times .The amount of cm now including our youngins robson emmbo means we wont be seeing this little tit at all this year ,hopefully ever

If we can get him off the wage bill utopia. He is a snapped finger nail from his next spell on the side lines. The thought of watching a midget with no pace, no physicality, no presence, no goal scoring threat, and when he declares himself actually fit, pass the ball backwards and sideways.. no thanks. Clever football brain in there but not for the modern game. Get rid, we have better in Robson from our own Academy.

Really dont get the fuss arround him. He is average. Tidy and thats it.

Not fast, not powerful, not tall, not creative, not a tackler, not a marker etc.

Can pass 5yards and the odd interception

If we can get him off the wage bill utopia. He is a snapped finger nail from his next spell on the side lines. The thought of watching a midget with no pace, no physicality, no presence, no goal scoring threat, and when he declares himself actually fit, pass the ball backwards and sideways.. no thanks. Clever football brain in there but not for the modern game. Get rid, we have better in Robson from our own Academy.
Who bought him?

We cant get rid of the next Xavi though can we?

Ball retention is always important no matter what league we are in , last season we gave the ball away far too much ,
McGeough is good at being available to take the ball and keep it , it's up to fellow midfielders or players further up the pitch to make themselves available . When he passes the ball backwards it's not always his fault the main thing is not to surrender possession , without the ball the opponents threat is minimised , as a holding midfielder this is a positive not a negative , a change of playing formation should improve his passing options.

But we didn't give the ball away too much in our own half, it happens when you get further forward and moves break down. McGeouch wasn't offering or improving anything further forward, wasn't able to carry the ball, nor was he playing as an out and out holding midfielder.

Recycling the ball if fine if it's for a reason, keeping possession is one, but if it's not leading to anything in terms of play and if the player offers nothing further then you start looking at what else he offers. Mcgeouch isn't that mobile, isn't attacking, isn't that strong in the tackle, he was tidy but not threatening and reads the game reasonably well. If it's a straight choice between him and Leadbitter then straight away Leadbitter might not be mobile either, maybe a touch less, he might not read the game as well but is much better on the ball long or short and with movement ahead of him can find the player and is more combatative.

I still cannot forgive him for giving the ball away on the half way line under no pressure at all in that must win game against Burton Albion at home which lead them.to going one up. It was the game after we won last minute away to Rochdale. I honestly think if we had won that game we would of went up with the huge momentum we would of had

Surprised at how negative everyone is. I thought him at cattermole was our best midfield.

Something clearly went wrong last season, but the quality is there .

Surprised at how negative everyone is. I thought him at cattermole was our best midfield.

Something clearly went wrong last season, but the quality is there .
Where is the quality though. Pace .. no..presence...no.......strength......no.....pass the ball forward......: no...... score a goal..:no.... .height no...::constant niggling injuries....yes

Back