Dylan McGeouch

Give owa, a players player. I've heard it all now.

McGeouch couldn't lace Grant's boots.

I'll leave you to admire McGeouch keeping our CB's busy receiving the ball off him
Always there to receive the ball when team mates are under pressure, he never hides. We haven't seen anywhere near the best of him - let's pass judgment on him if he manages a long run of games

There’s no doubting Leadbitter has been a better player, but his legs have gone.

McGeouch is a good player, imo, and has the mobility that Leadbitter doesn’t.
What player have you been watching in McGeouch? It's not the same player as I've saw.

Even in his vintage Grant is far superior to McGeouch. Grant bring a cool and calming influence to the midfield, he also competes. He can pass it long and short and also looking to pass it forward.

McGeouch does none of that.

Always there to receive the ball when team mates are under pressure, he never hides. We haven't seen anywhere near the best of him - let's pass judgment on him if he manages a long run of games
I'm not waiting around hopeful players come good. I think you have an image of the player you think he is but he hasn't shown anything if it.

Hes very limited and not fit to lace Grant's boots

Last edited:
What player have you been watching in McGeouch? It's not the same player as I've saw.

Even in his vintage Grant is far superior to McGeouch. Grant bring a cool and calming influence to the midfield, he also competes. He can pass it long and short and also looking to pass it forward.

Absolutely no argument from me that Leadbitter has quality on the ball, I just think he becomes a bit of a passenger when we don’t have possession.

I'm not waiting around hopeful players come good. I think you have an image of the player you think he is but he hasn't shown anything if it.

Hes very limited and not fit to lace Grant's boots
Were you at Rochdale away? Just wondering what you thought of McGeoch then? Even you who knows everything about football must have been just a little impressed by his performance?

Were you at Rochdale away? Just wondering what you thought of McGeoch then? Even you who knows everything about football must have been just a little impressed by his performance?
No I wasnt there. I do know a player when see one and McGeough isn't a player.

Infact I'd goes as far as hes a coward on the ball. He doesn't take to game by the scruff of the neck. He doesn't tackle doesn't compete for headers. Doesn't get forward and very very rarely pass the ball forward.

I am sorry I missed him do all that in the Rochdale game. What about the rest of the games hes played

Not arsed who starts the first game of the season leadbitter or mcgeogh, with grants ageing legs and mcgeoghs injury record they should both get plenty of games between them.

Infact I'd goes as far as hes a coward on the ball. He doesn't take to game by the scruff of the neck. He doesn't tackle doesn't compete for headers. Doesn't get forward and very very rarely pass the ball forward.

I am sorry I missed him do all that in the Rochdale game. What about the rest of the games hes played
Its pointless arguing with you, it's all about opinions and I also like to think that I know a player. Strange that our best points haul did come in his "other games" I'll leave it at that

Come on man the only thing McGeouch does is take the easy option. He passes the ball back to the CB's or GK. His passing is no where near the level of Leadbitter and never will be.
No where near leadbitter? f***ing hell, I'll say no more.

Get legs around him then. McGeough isn't the answer

You must be another who knows nowt about football
You obviously know fuck all. It's obvious.

Last edited:

He was the best player or one of in every game he played. One of his worst performances was last night to be honest.

I read someone say McGeouch was 'immense' against Rochdale and Accrington the other day.

I chuckled.

He was the best player or one of in every game he played.

Who was?? :eek:

Last edited:

Ball retention is always important no matter what league we are in , last season we gave the ball away far too much ,
McGeough is good at being available to take the ball and keep it , it's up to fellow midfielders or players further up the pitch to make themselves available . When he passes the ball backwards it's not always his fault the main thing is not to surrender possession , without the ball the opponents threat is minimised , as a holding midfielder this is a positive not a negative , a change of playing formation should improve his passing options.

Ball retention is always important no matter what league we are in , last season we gave the ball away far too much ,
McGeough is good at being available to take the ball and keep it , it's up to fellow midfielders or players further up the pitch to make themselves available . When he passes the ball backwards it's not always his fault the main thing is not to surrender possession , without the ball the opponents threat is minimised , as a holding midfielder this is a positive not a negative , a change of playing formation should improve his passing options.

That's a negative approach, not a positive one.

Back