Dying and beyond

• Thread starter Deleted member 15970
  • Start date

I've been reading a bit on the CTMU (Cognitive Theoretical Model of the Universe) by Chris Langan. It's heady stuff and my brain is getting a bit old for this kind of subject but it's based on physics and the perspective is that at the highest level, the universe itself is inherently cognitive. May be worth a look at.

I suppose if the entire universe is inherently cognitive and as we are as much a part of the universe as anything else then we may all be part of that inherent cognitive reality.
Got too much else to do 'upstairs' at present to chuck that in the mix mate..if you want you can give me the dummies abstract :lol:

Tbf marra, you asked people to sit through an hour of blokes monologuing on a stage.

Is it difficult to understand nobody is doing that before replying? :lol:

As a kid my priest told me that they could have gotten into heaven as they hadn't had the opportunity to hear the word of God or some such.

Seems like a ***** trick to spread the word if that's the case imo.

Haha exactly. How the hell would he know :lol:

Got too much else to do 'upstairs' at present to chuck that in the mix mate..if you want you can give me the dummies abstract :lol:

I think it is the dummies abstract that is widely available. :D

The narrative version is difficult enough for me to follow so I haven't got a chance with the mathematical explanation.

The bloke has an IQ of 195-200 or so. Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking are both thought to have an IQ of 160. So Langan may be the cleverest person alive for all we know.

It's an interesting perspective from what I can understand and dismisses the multiverse theories.

Back