Dying and beyond

• Thread starter Deleted member 15970
  • Start date
Never had time to watch those videos, but after a lifetime of thought I think we all go back into the earth.
We're organic, we have our time then that's it.
"We have an unusual method of disposal of the dead. The Parsi corpse is exposed to the rays of the sun, and the corpse is consumed or devoured by birds of prey — vultures, kites and crows," Mistree says.

For Zoroastrians, burying or cremating the dead is seen as polluting nature. So for centuries, the Parsis in Mumbai have relied on vultures to do the work — that is, until the entire population of vultures in the city vanished.
NPR Choice page

I've read a book about this called "We don't die" it's by George Anderson.
Accordng to the writer, our spirit goes to another world, where we are met by an already departed friend or family members who act as our guides in this other world.
If those who pass away had strong Christian beliefs or have faith in God, then they will enter onto a higher level in this other world.
The stronger your faith in God, the more learned you become until eventually you reach the highest level and become a guide to the newly departed.
If any family ot friends pray for you, then this also helps you to go on to another higher level.
Those who have passed away and comitted real evil in their lifetime (Hitler for example) will always stay at the very bottom level and will never go on to a higher level.
There is more but I won't comment as this could cause some people some upset.
These are NOT my views.
This is what I've read in tbe book mentioned in this post.

What about those that died before Jesus rocked up.

Are they just unlucky?

absolute rubbish man :rolleyes::lol:

Two of the videos are 17 minutes long and the third is 23 minutes. You posted 3 minutes after my initial post.

What part of "Before you jump into one camp or the other I'd like you to watch these three TEDx Talks given by medical doctors. Afterwards I'd like to hear what people have to think" was too difficult for you to understand?

Mr Serious. The job of the second post on SMB thread? I performed my job pretty well.

Two of the videos are 17 minutes long and the third is 23 minutes. You posted 3 minutes after my initial post.

What part of "Before you jump into one camp or the other I'd like you to watch these three TEDx Talks given by medical doctors. Afterwards I'd like to hear what people have to think" was too difficult for you to understand?
Tbf marra, you asked people to sit through an hour of blokes monologuing on a stage.

Is it difficult to understand nobody is doing that before replying? :lol:

What about those that died before Jesus rocked up.

Are they just unlucky?

absolute rubbish man :rolleyes::lol:
As a kid my priest told me that they could have gotten into heaven as they hadn't had the opportunity to hear the word of God or some such.

Seems like a ***** trick to spread the word if that's the case imo.

Last edited:
So what's everyone's thoughts about advancements in technology to pro-long life maybe even indefinitely ? Nanotechnology to fix ailments, cyborg enhancements for the body. Integration with the human brain.

I told this before but wont go into the full details as before.

as somebody who has been declared dead, some 26 years ago, I can tell the story of dying.

As it was on a resus ward bed at the then sdgh. I was aware something was happening to me as all of sudden, nurses started shouting and my clothes took off.

I felt tired and felt and very soothed. It felt as though a warm glow was going through my body from feet to head.

It felt as the though the heaviest rucksack had been taken of my back and I was very relaxed and feeling very warm in an extremely dark room.

next thing I remember is being given some sort of needle into the aorta and cant remember anything else until waking up in the CCU.

It transpired I was brought round from 5 coronary attacks.

I then had a sixth which they could not resuscitate and declared dead.

short while later as they started to take off the leads one of the contacts burst into life and the staff done their job again.

Although I felt warm, relaxed and at peace there was no out of body experience or bright lights

At death, the spirit will leave the body. The physical part of the organism ceases to function, but life and personality go on.

The individual spirit is immortal, making death not a significant worry. The spirit acquires another body necessary for growth and survival. To achieve an individual's true identity is our primary goal.

Salvation is achieved through “clearing” engrams and implant, the source of human misery, through the auditing process. Salvation is limited to the current life and there is no final salvation or damnation.

Life is a not a one-shot deal. There is only the eternal return of life after life. The individual comes back. We have a responsibility for what goes on today since we will experience it tomorrow.

Areet L.Ron?

I told this before but wont go into the full details as before.

as somebody who has been declared dead, some 26 years ago, I can tell the story of dying.

As it was on a resus ward bed at the then sdgh. I was aware something was happening to me as all of sudden, nurses started shouting and my clothes took off.

I felt tired and felt and very soothed. It felt as though a warm glow was going through my body from feet to head.

It felt as the though the heaviest rucksack had been taken of my back and I was very relaxed and feeling very warm in an extremely dark room.

next thing I remember is being given some sort of needle into the aorta and cant remember anything else until waking up in the CCU.

It transpired I was brought round from 5 coronary attacks.

I then had a sixth which they could not resuscitate and declared dead.

short while later as they started to take off the leads one of the contacts burst into life and the staff done their job again.

Although I felt warm, relaxed and at peace there was no out of body experience or bright lights
Sounds like Game Of Thrones Season 8, Episode 3

So what's everyone's thoughts about advancements in technology to pro-long life maybe even indefinitely ? Nanotechnology to fix ailments, cyborg enhancements for the body. Integration with the human brain.
No mate...you’re definitely going to die.

It’s just the same as before you were born.
Sounds shite

Last edited:
I just enjoyed Pratchett's version that people get what they believe, not what they necessarily deserve etc
on the one hand it requires some fortitude to think you have been a shit all your life but will go on to elysium in those last moments
then there is the idea that whatever is in your mind when you die is eternal

personally I do not believe in an afterlife etc
we do not disappear but just change to other matter so can help a tree grow etc
and we of course live on in memory
I'm not big on bashing peoples beliefs .If the idea that little old Doris will meet her Stan when she goes ,helps her day to day let her believe that .Its just a coping mechanism for some folk

Back