DWP Work Coach Vacancies

The best qualification for being a 'work coach' is to hate the people you are supposed to be helping and do all you can to belittle and humiliate them. Then, when they eventually find some shitty minimum wage zero hour contract employment you can congratulate yourself that you helped them into work.

Remember to talk about your 'clients' like they are the absolute scum of the earth, rather than people who find themselves unemployed through no fault of their own. It will also help if you have no discernible skills. An ability to swallow the government line that there are 'loads of jobs' out there will also be invaluable.

Had a couple of these plums trying to advise me on seeking employment. One of them told me that I should sign up for a literacy and numeracy course as it would help my employment chances. When I replied that I was both literate and numerate she replied 'let us be the judge of that.' Nowt more than bullies in cheap suits with a sense of superiority because they sit behind a desk in a dole office. Talking down to people because they know they can.

The best qualification for being a 'work coach' is to hate the people you are supposed to be helping and do all you can to belittle and humiliate them. Then, when they eventually find some shitty minimum wage zero hour contract employment you can congratulate yourself that you helped them into work.

Remember to talk about your 'clients' like they are the absolute scum of the earth, rather than people who find themselves unemployed through no fault of their own. It will also help if you have no discernible skills. An ability to swallow the government line that there are 'loads of jobs' out there will also be invaluable.

Had a couple of these plums trying to advise me on seeking employment. One of them told me that I should sign up for a literacy and numeracy course as it would help my employment chances. When I replied that I was both literate and numerate she replied 'let us be the judge of that.' Nowt more than bullies in cheap suits with a sense of superiority because they sit behind a desk in a dole office. Talking down to people because they know they can.

That post is clearly just total bullshit and so full of inaccuracies it’s untrue, Work coaches come across a range of people who they try to find work and support them to be better off and find work.

They have empathy for certain groups of people who have fallen on hard times and care about helping them

Which is a win win for all concerned

Last edited:
I speak as I find. I'm sure there are people who don't want to work, but the vast majority of people I know who were unemployed are not those types.

Work coach... ffs. If there are jobs going then people will take them. Most of the employment on offer is of low quality and temporary in nature.

We don't need work coaches, we need properly paid jobs and proper contracts.

I speak as I find. I'm sure there are people who don't want to work, but the vast majority of people I know who were unemployed are not those types.

Work coach... ffs. If there are jobs going then people will take them. Most of the employment on offer is of low quality and temporary in nature.

There is wide range of people who come into job centres as with any part of life, most people want to find work and some through no fault of their own need support and help from a work coach which is gladly given to help them better themselves and make then better off financially which is a good thing for all.

What level of employment is out there and what proper jobs and contracts are out there is a entirely difffent debate and certainly not a work coaches fault.

Unless you think it’s a work coaches fault for the governments lack of investment or better paid jobs?
Out of interest how many work coaches have you seen and how many jobcentres have you been in to come to all them conclusions in your first post.

Last edited:

Sorry mate, but that's absolutely clueless. I deal with people on a daily basis who really need help. They often don't know what they want to do, or if they do they have no idea how to get there. The programme I'm involved with deals with the over 50s. They often need more support than someone in their 20s. You need a good grasp of the labour market before you even make your first steps.

im a work coach and dont treat people like that.
Believe me there is a hardcore who wont work no matter what, I dont just find jobs but also source and fund courses/qualifications that some people need to re enter the workplace.
We fund licenses,pay for safety clothing,help with travel to work to name a few more.
You obviously have had a bad experience.

I'm surprised it's an EO grade job up be honest.

Why do they need so many new coaches, are they expecting a load of unemployment?

May I wish all the new coaches the very best of luck with both the selection process and the job that will follow.

This will be valuable work given the expected levels of unemployment.

Yes, should be around but not longer than 8 mins per response

Where are you applying?

I had mine a few days ago and it was 3 minutes per response. Awful awful interview too. I've got another few coming up though so if anything it will just serve as practice.
im a work coach and dont treat people like that.
Believe me there is a hardcore who wont work no matter what, I dont just find jobs but also source and fund courses/qualifications that some people need to re enter the workplace.
We fund licenses,pay for safety clothing,help with travel to work to name a few more.
You obviously have had a bad experience.

Spot on.

I had one experience with a woman from Peterlee (think her name was Bev / Beverley) and she couldn't have been more helpful. My first positive experience of the job centre and it wholely changed my perspective of the place.

Really hoping I get this job as It will be an excellent opportunity for me to help those who need / want it. Doesn't come along everyday.

Last edited:
I was gunna apply but I didn’t fancy leaving permanent employment for a 12 month contract.

Imagine leaving your job at the dole to sign I’m at the dole :lol: fuck that be embarrassing if it was your local one you worked at too.

Back