DWP Work Coach Vacancies

There can't be much to learn, be a good listener ask for NI number and ID, I've heard that these work coaches go through training on dealing with difficult people but i don't believe it.

Has anyone applied for any of these posts? There's thousands nationwide and hundreds in the N.E.

Just wondering if anyone has applied and had the video interview?

Just ower lass has one this week and was wondering what type of questions they ask.

Cheers in advance....
Work Coaches are front-line DWP staff based in Jobcentres. Their main role is to support claimants into work by challenging, motivating, providing personalised advice and using knowledge of local labour markets. This involves conducting work-focused interviews and agreeing tailored “Claimant Commitments”

Has anyone applied for any of these posts? There's thousands nationwide and hundreds in the N.E.

Just ower lass has one this week and was wondering what type of questions they ask.

Cheers in advance....

I've got the video interview to do for tomorrow, I did one just before Christmas for the Fast Stream. They'll just ask her questions based around the competencies, a few I've had will just ask things like "Can you tell me about a time you had to manage a quality service" at which point as others have said just give then the situation, what you did, how you did it and what happened. The best thing she can do is look over behaviours booklet (pdf) to see what they're looking for.
They'll probably do Strength based questions too like "how do you feel if someone asks you for help?" just to get a better idea of what you're like since the competency questions are always rehearsed.

It can be odd just talking to a screen as there's obviously no-one on the other side asking you but once you get past that it's not too bad. Much better than the one I had last week where the blokes webcam was aimed right down his ear the whole time.

Good luck to her, the money's quite good for an EO job, I know a few who left ours to do it and they enjoy it.

Work Coaches are front-line DWP staff based in Jobcentres. Their main role is to support claimants into work by challenging, motivating, providing personalised advice and using knowledge of local labour markets. This involves conducting work-focused interviews and agreeing tailored “Claimant Commitments”
Copy and paste 😄

Cheers in advance....
I am applying for this myself, I have 3 applications in with HMRC at present and had a video interview for a compliance officer which should hear about by end of month, they ask 3 behaviour based questions which are stated in the advert, use the STAR system to prepare. responses should be around 8 minutes

Worst question I got on an interview on that STAR system.

Tell me about a time you failed? Thankfully the weekly fire alarm test went off and that gave me 60 seconds to come up with something.

I am applying for this myself, I have 3 applications in with HMRC at present and had a video interview for a compliance officer which should hear about by end of month, they ask 3 behaviour based questions which are stated in the advert, use the STAR system to prepare. responses should be around 8 minutes

If it's the one I'm thinking of that's the one I had the interview for, apparently it's the second time they've had to advertise the job because they didn't get enough applicants (according to someone who was running the training I've just been doing) . Good luck.

Worst question I got on an interview on that STAR system.

Tell me about a time you failed? Thankfully the weekly fire alarm test went off and that gave me 60 seconds to come up with something.
Was it something along the lines of... you promised a great deal for the relevant parties. The great deal failed to materialise but you somehow convinced all those relevant parties that it was a great deal anyway?

Was it something along the lines of... you promised a great deal for the relevant parties. The great deal failed to materialise but you somehow convinced all those relevant parties that it was a great deal anyway?

Don't exactly mind but i didn't get the job was not that fussed as it looked like an army of robots and I would've been a square peg in a round hole in that gaff. Think I spun a yarn that the job was doomed as the machinery was knackered and I managed to get the job done afore it packed in forever. Dumb question.

Thanks mate , how did you get on

It was horrible, of the two doing the interview one never really said anything and had his camera set up on his 2nd screen so all the time I was giving my answers I saw the side of his head, and the lass doing it was quite a distance from the camera.

Got to "Delivering at pace" rattled off my example about shifting a load of outstanding forms and she was asking me how many people I got upto speed on it and how many we shifted over what timeperiod. I could see her doing the maths but never thought of telling them that it only took about 4 minutes per form to work.

I'm not hopeful.

I'm on loan to the dwp at the minute doing the universal credit case manager job from home, seems like an interesting place to work, combination of rewarding and frustrating!
Good luck to those applying, seems like it will be a busy the way things are going unfortunately.

Back