DVD players

wackyjacky

Striker
Old hat I know but despite trying to do away with them, and rarely using them, I do still have a need for a dvd player. Problem is, the room I'm putting it in has the TV on the wall fairly high up so I don't want to trail a connecting cable up (and don't want to fart on chasing the wall to put it behind). Are there any dvd players that can stream wirelessly to the TV?
There's a few wireless ones advertised but they seem to be to connect to the wifi to run apps or built-in netflix but still have to connect to the TV with an HDMI.

I've tried in the past ripping all the dvd's onto a network player and doing it that way but too much of a fart on.

Old hat I know but despite trying to do away with them, and rarely using them, I do still have a need for a dvd player. Problem is, the room I'm putting it in has the TV on the wall fairly high up so I don't want to trail a connecting cable up (and don't want to fart on chasing the wall to put it behind). Are there any dvd players that can stream wirelessly to the TV?
There's a few wireless ones advertised but they seem to be to connect to the wifi to run apps or built-in netflix but still have to connect to the TV with an HDMI.

I've tried in the past ripping all the dvd's onto a network player and doing it that way but too much of a fart on.
Try some plastic mini trunking. It sticks on the wall and cable goes inside it. If you dont want to chase it its another option.

As above.

dont think it’s possible to wirelessly play a dvd to a tv? Though I’m still using a Ferguson video star with a ten foot wire across the room, for a remote

Cheers for the answers, like the look of that small wall mounted player as that will mount behind the tv so won't be seen. I've also got to get some of the mini trunking to cover the power cable to the tv so will look at that but having the dvd player hidden appeals more than having another player on view.

Cheers for the answers, like the look of that small wall mounted player as that will mount behind the tv so won't be seen. I've also got to get some of the mini trunking to cover the power cable to the tv so will look at that but having the dvd player hidden appeals more than having another player on view.
We have used a tv with in built DVD player in the past. Don’t know what size you can get them these days, ours was a 21 inch for upstairs

I have a great big telly, a DVD player and a VHS video. Like a vipers nest round the back of them all but you get used to it!!!!

if your tv sees a memory stick, rip on your pc and transfer to stick. it is a bit of a faf but you only have to do it once per dvd. I done with ours to transfer to tablet to watch on planes etc.

Back