Dutch towns/cities worth visiting for a day

Got some free days in Rotterdam next week so looking at having a couple of days out, where would people recommend?

Been to Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht, wageningen and Roosendaal. Going to Breda on Wednesday.

Eindhoven. It's like Sunderland as it should have been. Faced economic collapse when Philips stopped manufacturing there, but it has been rebuilt economically and is booming. So many lessons we could learn.

Got some free days in Rotterdam next week so looking at having a couple of days out, where would people recommend?

Been to Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht, wageningen and Roosendaal. Going to Breda on Wednesday .
Been to Breda to see Sunderland play a pre season game.
It's a canny enough place. Plenty of pavement cafes/bars/restaurants.

Also was at Arnhem, and walked across the famous bridge, on the way to the ground.

Nothing much at Sittard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Been to Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht, wageningen and Roosendaal. Going to Breda on Wednesday.
Nee match on like?

Nee match on like?

NAC Breda vs Feyenoord on Wednesday and was meant to be at Fortuna Sittard vs Feyenoord on Sunday but that’s been postponed. Kingsday on Saturday so got thurs & Friday with no plans with people being at work.

Den Haag are at home on the Thursday night but not particularly bothered about.

Spent some time at Tilburg University many years ago.
It was a decent place although I was bladdered most of the time so my memory of it is clouded.

Have considered Tilburg for the Sunday

Forgot to mention, Alkmaar is a canny place for a day out.

Beat me to it.
Agree about Alkmaar.
We stopped there in the camper for about 4 days, easy to get the train into Amsterdam as well for the day. Got caught sneaking the bairn into the footie ground and they were brilliant - let us just walk around the place, the stadium manager gets to some Sunderland games and says the best chips he's ever had are Croziers - even showed me a photo of him outside the place on his phone. :lol:

When I was in Breda a good few years ago, it was a glorious day, everybody sitting outside eating and drinking.
Suddenly the sky turned black and there was an almighty cracking sound as a bolt of lightning hit the church steeple and travelled all the way down the front of the church and along the pavement.
People scattering all around, as a monsoon of biblical proportions then poured down.
Never seen nor heard owt like that bolt of lightning ever before.

Back