Durham v Lancs Sunday League 1992

Appreciate that mate.
Was there
First time I've seen it since.

Out of interest, membership was £36 if you lived something like 50 miles away from the county, life membership was £1,000
If you lived in or near Durham County it was £60 and £1,500

Appreciate that mate.
Was there
First time I've seen it since.

Out of interest, membership was £36 if you lived something like 50 miles away from the county, life membership was £1,000
If you lived in or near Durham County it was £60 and £1,500

I was a student at a time and I'm sure a season's membership was £10 back then. I must have went to 30 days cricket that summer, an absolute bargain!

I was a student at a time and I'm sure a season's membership was £10 back then. I must have went to 30 days cricket that summer, an absolute bargain!

Ditto, me any my mates were in our student days, loved those first few summers of 1st class status, back from Uni, watching us at places like Stockton, Hartlepool, Darlo, Gateshead. The racecourse was my favourite as we could all get lashed without someone having to drive.

Enjoyed watching that, great memories. Loved playing at the Racecourse, we started off watching gams on river side of the ground, then we used to sit at the bottom of the vennel that leads to the Dun Cow.

28 years ago yesterday since we made our 1st class debut, my feet have just about thawed out.

Not first class. That debut was v Oxford Uni at The Parks, and it was absolutely f***ing freezing. Thankfully Parker and Glendenen high got unbeaten 50s by lunch when rain washed out the rest of the day and we could go to the pub.

Welcome back I was a bit concerned a few weeks ago until I found out it was just you had just got a straight red card.

yeah had to defend myself after someone wished death on my family and accused me of killing people in 2 public posts on the Coronavirus forum. I won't say who, but I'll always defend my family & call people out on that. If that merits a 6 week ban then so be. I'm not that arsed what people say to me or call me on here, I've had it all, but crosses a line when family are mentioned in such an ill manner like that during a global virus

Last edited:
Used to love going to The Racecourse, Park Drive and Feethams.
Same. Toured almost all of the grounds in the early days - oh to be 16 again and a £10 membership
Used to enjoy the games at Stockton, Feethams and Gateshead Fell. I remember one SL game (I think) where the heavens opened and we all sought shelter in the football ground.
Remember meeting David Gower at Stockton for a rain-interrupted SL game v Hants. Was totally awe-struck

Edit: The Hants game was the following season in 1993. Game rained off, but got to see Malcolm Marshall bowl 5 overs

Last edited:
Same. Toured almost all of the grounds in the early days - oh to be 16 again and a £10 membership
Used to enjoy the games at Stockton, Feethams and Gateshead Fell. I remember one SL game (I think) where the heavens opened and we all sought shelter in the football ground.
Remember meeting David Gower at Stockton for a rain-interrupted SL game v Hants. Was totally awe-struck

Edit: The Hants game was the following season in 1993. Game rained off, but got to see Malcolm Marshall bowl 5 overs

I went to Stockton in 1983 or 84 because Mushtaq Mohammed was playing for Staffordshire. He was out first ball.

Saw Sachin score a pre-lunch century (ok - 98* at lunch, 4 off first ball after it) at the Racecourse though.

28 years ago yesterday since we made our 1st class debut, my feet have just about thawed out.
Brings back bittersweet memories that day, it was the last cricket match I went to with my old man who was a Lancashire member before he sadly passed away a few months later. Remember parking being an absolute nightmare and just basically throwing the car where I could and coming back to a parking ticket which the dopey warden had made out with 1 digit wrong so I succesfully just ignored it :lol:

Not first class. That debut was v Oxford Uni at The Parks, and it was absolutely f***ing freezing. Thankfully Parker and Glendenen high got unbeaten 50s by lunch when rain washed out the rest of the day and we could go to the pub.

Look who’s in the crowd.

Back