Durham to play Royal london "home game" in Scarborough

Well my opinion hasn't changed. Last year some members forfeited their membership ££ to the club..... For the club then to say they are hosting a home game 70 miles south from CLS is ridiculous. Again as I said a year ago... Summer holidays would be a great chance to showcase the game to bairns who will be off school and this format is a decent opportunity to do that by charging maybe £1/£10 or do a £15 family ticket for the game etc. Alternatively would have no issue showcasing the game elsewhere in the region but this is a massive own goal by the club.

A bit strange this one. I wonder if we shall see a 100 fixture at CLS in return?
More chance of us preparing green toppers for the Indians ie nil.:D
Well my opinion hasn't changed. Last year some members forfeited their membership ££ to the club..... For the club then to say they are hosting a home game 70 miles south from CLS is ridiculous. Again as I said a year ago... Summer holidays would be a great chance to showcase the game to bairns who will be off school and this format is a decent opportunity to do that by charging maybe £1/£10 or do a £15 family ticket for the game etc. Alternatively would have no issue showcasing the game elsewhere in the region but this is a massive own goal by the club.
Absolutely spot on. I'm one of those who forfeited their £190 membership fee last season and one of my 'rewards' was that I could bring two non members to CC/RL 50 games in 2021 and the latter competition was particularly appealing to introduce some of them to the Riverside in a game that finishes the same day played at home in late July - August. I dont imagine they would be arsed to travel to Gosforth never mind bloody Scarborough - another missed opportunity by DCCC.

Last edited:
Would have been class to see Ashbrooke used as an outground this year. Seeing the old pictures of huge crowds in back in the day looks class. Probably the only chance of the ground being in good enough condition with no rugby played for 18 months.

Think this will happen now after yesterday’s announcement? Might hang around after our game there the day before, if that doesn’t get moved

Yes mate, but it only goes as far as South Bay so is still a fairly stiff walk (unless you use another bus or taxi) to the ground.
Cheers, apparently there is a 'special service' tomorrow (Yorks game) and Thursday. I'm trying to find out the times in case the last bus is before the game may have ended, particularly if there is a rain delay or goes to 100 overs.

Cheers, apparently there is a 'special service' tomorrow (Yorks game) and Thursday. I'm trying to find out the times in case the last bus is before the game may have ended, particularly if there is a rain delay or goes to 100 overs.

Last bus is 18:49 according to that. Hopefully they’ll extend the service on the days the cricket is on.

Last edited:

"The venue for the Durham Crickets fixture on Tuesday 4 August against Hampshire is yet to be confirmed. The fixture will be played at an out ground in the county for the first time and details will be released early in the new year."

does this suggest we are annexing part of yorkshire?
I notice the club say it will be laying on transport for the supporters going to Scarborough but wonder if it will free in the same way as Lancs did for their 'home' T20 QF at the Riverside against Essex?

What next?...Edinburgh? Carlisle? Los Angeles?

hell of a coach journey that like, as much as i'd like to visit LA someday (that's not even true tbh)

Last edited:
The article does imply that someone in the actual county of Durham will get a game.

But as @GordonMuchallNo1Fan said won't be long before they go to cumbria too.

"The venue for the Durham Crickets fixture on Tuesday 4 August against Hampshire is yet to be confirmed. The fixture will be played at an out ground in the county for the first time and details will be released early in the new year."

Probably be Newclose on IOW 🤣

It’s been because the Indian team had been there for the last couple of weeks training for the England games

We were honouring a commitment from previous time where we intended to be part of the yorkshire cricket festival. It was a canny day out to be honest and I'll be making an effort to visit Scarborough again in the future. Nice ground, nice facilities, we were welcomed well and overall had a good day

Back