durham t20 match in dubai result thurs 31 march

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

a win :-D

Durham faced the Fly Emirates XI in the first of their t20 matches this afternoon (Thur 31 March) at 7he Sevens stadium in Dubai and managed to pull of a third victory of the tour, winning by 12 runs.
The eleven selected to play were: Mark Stoneman, Dale Benkenstein (Capt), Liam Plunkett, Will Smith, Kyle Coetzer, Scott Borthwick, Gordon Muchall, Gareth Breese, Michael Richardson (Wkt), Chris Rushworth and Stephen Harmison.

Durham finished the 20 overs on 150-7 and managed to restrict the opposition to just 138-7 in their allotted overs with two wickets each for Dale Benkenstein and Liam Plunkett and the remainder shared between Scott Borthwick, Gareth Breese and Scott Borthwick.

Durham batting

Stoneman 41
Benks 10
Plunkett 7
Coetzer 0
Smith 8
Muchall 8
Breese 48*
Richardson 4
Borthwick 14*

Durham bowling

Overs Runs Wickets
Smith 1. 7. 0
Plunkett 4. 26. 2
Rushworth 4. 38. 1
Harmison S 2. 24. 0
Breese 3. 13. 1
Borthwick 4. 18. 1
Benkenstein 2. 4. 2

One more game tomorrow then they are flying home.

Borthwick has done canny over in Dubai.
big season for scotty. i expect him to really show some good stuff, both batting and bowling.

good bowling show from scotty out there, but another good performance with the bat from rocky and breese has been excellent bat and ball once again also.

three wins from three is a good start

Well the last Twitter update I read said that the Emirates XI got 107/9 and Borthwick took 5 wickets.

now im totally confused, i thought we beat the emirates XI yesterday and are playing sussex today?

EDIT:

Durham posted 90 in their 20 overs and lost by nine wickets.

Durham v Sussex - Semi Final - Fri 1 April Team: Benkenstein, Stoneman, Blackwell, Harmison B. Smith, Richardson (wkt), Rushworth, Breese, Borthwick, Thorp, Claydon.

Durham won the toss and elected to bat first with captain Dale Benkenstein opening with Mark Stoneman. Half way through the innings we were 42-4 with Benks (3) and Stoneman (2) dismissed early on.

Durham battingStoneman 2
Benkenstein 3
Blackwell 4
Smith 35
Harmison B 3
Breese 12
Richardson 14*
Borthwick 5
Thorp 1
Claydon 0
Rushworth 1*

Durham bowlingSmith 0-24 off four overs
Claydon 0-8 off 2 overs
Thorp 0-13 off 3 overs
Rushworth 0-13 off 1overs
Borthwick 1-13 off 3.1 overs
Blackwell 0-11 off two overs
Breese 0-7 off 1 over

Last edited:
Those Twitter updates I was getting must have been all over the place then :lol:

yeah, anohter reason i was confused is that score was nothign like the one dccc posted on their site....

Durham v Fly Emirates XI - Thurs 31 MarchThe eleven selected to play were: Mark Stoneman, Dale Benkenstein (Capt), Liam Plunkett, Will Smith, Kyle Coetzer, Scott Borthwick, Gordon Muchall, Gareth Breese, Michael Richardson (Wkt), Chris Rushworth and Stephen Harmison.

Durham finished the 20 overs on 150-7 and managed to restrict the opposition to just 138-7 in their allotted overs with two wickets each for Dale Benkenstein and Liam Plunkett and the remainder shared between Scott Borthwick, Gareth Breese and Scott Borthwick.

Durham battingStoneman 41
Benks 10
Plunkett 7
Coetzer 0
Smith 8
Muchall 8
Breese 48*
Richardson 4
Borthwick 14*

Durham bowling Overs Runs Wickets

Smith 1. 7. 0
Plunkett 4. 26. 2