Durham players playing club cricket 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know which local clubs have signed a player of the Durham staff. I know most of the Premier league sides usually sign one. I don't know if they get to choose or are allocated from the county.
So far all i have heard is Gateshead Fell have signed Singh,[ a young batsmen].
Although a few years ago i remember seeing Ben Harmison play for Morpeth in a cup game.

Pass.

Stoneman and Wood have been playing out in Australia though during the winter.

Mitch Claydon was some sort of trainer/staff team of an Australian boxer last week, was live on Fox Sports and my brother in Aus recognised him :lol:

Richardson plays for Newcastle cc and another played for Stockton but can't remember which one

Richardson plays for Newcastle cc and another played for Stockton but can't remember which one

Jennings (definately) and maybe Harrison have played for Stockton.

Brathwaite played for Sunderland last season as well

Mark Wood also at Tynemouth

Last edited by a moderator:
Be interesting to see if the clubs making up the new premier league div 1 are allowed to sign Durham contracted players or whether the county will want them to play in the top division as it is normally the fringe players who are not in the first team who tend to play weekend club cricket.

Be interesting to see if the clubs making up the new premier league div 1 are allowed to sign Durham contracted players or whether the county will want them to play in the top division as it is normally the fringe players who are not in the first team who tend to play weekend club cricket.

Breese plays for Consett in the Tyneside Senior League doesn't he?

I remember hearing about Rushworth playing for Washington last season if that helps.

Wrong Rushworth, it's Chris's brother Lee that plays at Washington, Chris Rushworth played at Sunderland.

As far as I know it's allowed because I believe one or two clubs have made approaches for DCCC players. Not sure any have signed anywhere in Division One though.

As far as I know it's allowed because I believe one or two clubs have made approaches for DCCC players. Not sure any have signed anywhere in Division One though.
Give it a couple of weeks and Washington CC will have Collingwood for next season. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back