Durham New Signing

True the two analogies don't link perfectly but I think we'd rather not see us just limping to defeat like we did a lot last season.

Dunno getting blitzed out for sub 100 and still not being able to bowl teams out doesn't sound much fun.

Still, I'll how we see a much better side under this gadgey to Franklin, our team looks weaker so far

Yeh but support team no matter what I'd be season ticket holder with Sunderland even if we were none league
I'll always support them and would still go to games as mentioned. I'd just not be as enthusiastic especially with my annual leave. I make a lot of sacrifices with my annual leave to go to the cricket.

I like what I hear but he will be judged by what I see for myself. I like the mindset about hating draws.... Last year especially was tedious and I'd like to think we had a more attacking mindset and a lot of that will depend on the quality of the wickets at home. I'd sooner lose a game trying to win than a boring 600 Vs 500 bore draw. If I see positive intentions then I'll welcome that massively. Of course I want to see improvements but a positive mindset/intention will bring improvements no doubt about it. Many times this year I didn't have a clue what our game plans were, it was dire on the whole to watch and it was clearly a very unhappy camp as it was amongst members. If I see a positive Durham in 2023 then I'll enjoy my cricket. If I see more of the game from 2022 then I'd have to reconsider my membership for 2024, I can't accept watching more of the 2022 rubbish it was so bad. Member engagement is also important and the planned members forum in January is a welcomed start.

Aye some bad cricket but the balls were useless mind, lots of teams struggle.

I would fully support them having ago tbh, whether we have the talent to play that way who knows

but the England captain revolutionising English cricket is one of our own, and is at Durham and trains at Durham a lot of the year

Surely we have to tap into that?
Dunno getting blitzed out for sub 100 and still not being able to bowl teams out doesn't sound much fun.

Still, I'll how we see a much better side under this gadgey to Franklin, our team looks weaker so far

That doesnt have to be the scenario like

but cricket is heading this way, young players want to play white ball franchise stuff and they also want to play test cricket but in the manner Ben Stokes plays

we have to get on board.

Well thats two interviews i have listened to with the new coach and he speaks well with typical Aussie positiveness.
Good sign that he is in the region getting things sorted even before he offically starts in the new year and most if all he is moving here full time.

Back