Durham Miners Gala

I still play, 33 years in a row now, great day
There is the minority who makes twats of themselves, but the band is normally out of the city by 4pm so we tend to miss the action.
Loads of daft lads been whacked round the beaks with a tuba bell when thy get a bit too close
Who did you play for?

Westoe.....a long long time ago

Not sure whether this ever happened....but when I started doing it back in the late 80s there was a rumour that the reason the tables at the Swan were chained down was cos a bunch of lads picked one up and dropped it on top of a band !

Not Tory enough for you like marra? Not fancy walking in with the village banner?
I've never voted Labour and I'm not a fan of big Len and his Union rubbish therefore I have no reason to ever attend. I hear the band every year, sounds great but the political rubbish doesn't interest me and neither does listening to terrorist sympathiser Corbyn. Hope those who do go enjoy

Used to love Gala day when I was a student, worked in a bar during hols, used to impose £1 idiot tax on all sales after 2 o'clock , and divi it out at the end of the shift, manager got a bigger cut mind, but then thats capitalism for you.

Back