Durham City
1. Spice Lounge
2. Capital
3. Alishaan

Surrounding Areas
1. Mumbia's, Haswell Plough
2. Amaani, Shincliff (old Pumphouse)
3. Cinnamon Club, Trimdon
Mumbai's in Haswell is shit. Bland, cheapo rubbish.
Nice place, but not nice food.

there's also the new one at the old Salutation pub, Haripur Wala street food restaurant. Haven't been but its had good reviews. Spice Lounge is best one in city centre.
I need to go to that one because it does South Indian - dosas and idlii and that - love that clobber me, hardly anywhere in the North East does it now, used to be a cracker behind the Metro Centre but it shut. Post a review up if you go.

I love it, favourite by a mile...always spot on and tasty...amazing people's different opinions :lol:
tbh, everyone I know says the same.

Nice place, nothing "wrong" with the food, but its bland and disappointing. Almost everyone I know agrees - and funny thing is, when I'd only been once, I didn't agree - but having been back, yep, it had changed totally since its early days.

Not a patch on the scran at Mahills, but the place itself was obviously crap :lol:

The thing is it gets parroted on here, but most people can't remember or never knew what the origin was. So there are definitely many people on here who take it literally. There will have been countless times now that someone's missus has asked whether they fancy going out in Durham for something to eat, and they've been answered 'no love, there's nowhere to eat in Durham, the SMB says so'. It's just dull as fuck now.
I’d be amazed if anyone has not went out for scran in Durham on the basis the SMB has said that like. :lol:

Back