durham increase capacity for ODI v India to 17000

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

Durham County Cricket Club has increased capacity for England’s NatWest One Day International against India at Emirates Durham ICG on Saturday 3 September due to huge demand for tickets.

The club has added a further 2000 temporary seats to the North East Terrace, taking capacity to over 17,000, to allow more sports fans to enjoy the exciting clash between the two sides, in what will be England’s only match in the North East this year and their first fixture against India in Durham.

This final allocation of tickets is already selling quickly and spectators are advised to purchase their tickets now to guarantee their seat. Tickets in the North East Terrace are priced at £37.50 for adults and £10 for juniors.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.durhamccc.co.uk or by calling the Durham CCC Box Office, during office hours, on 0844 499 4466 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0844 499 4466 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Durham CCC Chief Executive, David Harker, said, “The interest in this fixture has been huge and we’re looking forward to welcoming England and India with a full house at Emirates Durham ICG. I am delighted we have been able to secure a further 2,000 seats which will give more spectators the opportunity to enjoy what will undoubtedly be a fantastic fixture.”

I've still got a block of 6 seats in the North Terrace to sell as I can't make it up due to a clash with a Festival. As the only tickets left on sale are in the Barmy Army Stand or Block 32 next door to it, I'm guessing that even before it sells out completely, these may be more attractive to some people (North East Terrace should be behind the bowlers arm). I'm happy to sell individually (face value, of course)

I was in the main foyer a week or two back and could see the whiteboard where they put on how many tickets etc. have been sold. Dont know if it was up to date but at that time there were 3,420 paid up members and 900 tickets left for the India game.

the Indian income has of course helped to keep Durham going during the winter as will the Australian ODI tickets for next year when they will probably go on sale December/January time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back