Durham CCC Statement

Following the recent developments around the Coronavirus, and the England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) recent announcements with regards to the 2020 cricket season, I wanted to provide an update to our members, supporters and customers.

Over recent weeks the club took progressively stringent measures, following Government and ECB advice throughout. Our first consideration in every decision we have made has, and will continue to be, the health and well-being of our staff, players and customers.

Since the end of last week Durham Cricket staff have been working from home and Emirates Riverside was completely closed from the beginning of this week. Our groundstaff continue to maintain the facilities, but are ensuring they adhere to social distancing and safe working practices at all times. The venue will remain closed until Government guidance advises otherwise.

Since returning from Zimbabwe the playing squad have not returned to training at Emirates Riverside. They all currently have individual training programmes which they can carry out at home. Our coaching team are providing them with video drills and exercises to keep them active and sharp.

As you may have seen in the press, the start of the season has been delayed and various scenarios are being planned for the season’s fixtures. Once the picture becomes clearer, we will communicate this information to everyone and inform you of how we will progress with memberships, season tickets, match tickets and tickets for events set to be held at Emirates Riverside over the summer months.

During these uncertain times our cricketing family and the wider community is more important than ever. You may have seen in the press that we are doing what we can to support national and regional initiatives such as encouraging staff to sign up to the NHS volunteering scheme. GoodSAM

We also want to be there for our members and supporters who have supported the club through its own difficult times in recent years.

We encourage all supporters to follow our social media channels and sign up for our newsletter via our website. We have already started posting some useful content such as cricket activities for children and mental health advice from our team. We will be producing more fun and engaging content for supporters of all ages over the coming weeks.

We really believe Durham has such a supportive community spirit and we would encourage everyone to get in touch with each other, whether that be other members, people from your Durham Cricket Foundation community classes or people you play and watch the game with.

We will continue to update everyone as things develop over the coming weeks.

From everyone at Durham Cricket we sincerely wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming everyone back to Emirates Riverside as soon as possible.

Tim Bostock

Chief Executive

Bought the 5 year membership a few years back so I guess I'm in the same position as Parkside. Doesn't bother me if I don't get any refund. The club probably need it more than me.

Back