Durham Big Meeting

I guess it’s how you see a trade union,I have been a trade union member for all my working life 28 years.

I think it’s importnant for workers to be part of one, and I want to see them work together with whoever to get the best deal for the workers , and want employers to work with trade unions to achieve a common objective.

Too often it’s a them and us culture and talk of enemies, and who can screw who the most.

All I heard from the Trade Unions yesterday was lobbying for things that would improve lives for their members. Most of the rhetoric was for positive change to help an area like ours that has massive inequality in comparison to other areas of the country - namely the South.

Not sure how you wouldn’t be in support of what has been said by them if as you say you’ve been a TU a member for years.

The majority of their targets were those people and the policies that go against their aims and aspirations.

All I heard from the Trade Unions yesterday was lobbying for things that would improve lives for their members. Most of the rhetoric was for positive change to help an area like ours that has massive inequality in comparison to other areas of the country - namely the South.

Not sure how you wouldn’t be in support of what has been said by them if as you say you’ve been a TU a member for years.

The majority of their targets were those people and the policies that go against their aims and aspirations.

I agree to a certain extent, but the talk is about enemies, rather than compromise which is always needed on both sides to reach a amicable agreement.

I agree entirely in the principle of unions, as really hate the fact that any hard worker is exploited, and would like my union to always defend the hard worker.

How can you get pissed drinking Fosters?
I don't know, but that's how this post started off, people who never go saying that sort of thing. That was my point that the 2020 Big Meeting thread will attract the same responses about how theres hoards of marauding chavs pissing in people's front gardens and terrorising Durham.
I had a great day out yesterday, saw loads of old mates, watched some good bands and ventured down to listen to the speeches. I never saw any bother or anyone that pissed up to be fair. Cant wait for next year.

Post from behind the scenes of the gala, another succesful event leading up to and at 5pm today the racecourse is back to pristine, attenndance seemed close to last year's, all was good on the day, yes there's scratters there which I've witnessed especially later in the day, Police moved at 4pm to start clearing the racecourse which was earlier than last year, which meant we finished an hour earlier, very good day today putting everything back as it was.

I agree to a certain extent, but the talk is about enemies, rather than compromise which is always needed on both sides to reach a amicable agreement.

I agree entirely in the principle of unions, as really hate the fact that any hard worker is exploited, and would like my union to always defend the hard worker.

Unfortunately you cant compromise with the tories or most capitalists for that matter, its always been their way or the highway.

Will Mr Mortgage Ian Lavery be rocking up to wave to some of the men who paid his house off?

A politician met with a senior police officer?

OH MY GOD!!!

Back