Durham’s T20 campaign. Predictions and expectations

Frank_1976

Central Defender
I know it’s a few months away and I also know a lot of you don’t consider this “proper” cricket but regardless it’s still a popular fixture and one I’ll be attending.

That said, what are our expectations here?

Well we can’t be as bad as last year 😁

Ryan Campbell did a talk in last Friday at CLS CC. Was excellent. He has plans for a better performance this year. Said we were hampered by the lack of bowling options last year, having to bring in Parnell last minute, which meant Bedingham couldn’t play. He says the bowling attack will be much stronger this year, so we might bowl better in the power play and at the death, which was a problem.

He also proposes that Jones will bat at 7 to strengthen the lower order. Also expect to see more of Haydon Mustard.

He seems more confident that we can compete this time.

I know it’s a few months away and I also know a lot of you don’t consider this “proper” cricket but regardless it’s still a popular fixture and one I’ll be attending.

Quarter Finals.

I was very pleased to hear Campbell’s comments regarding wanting to bring our white ball cricket up to the level of the red and I think there’ll be far more stability this season with the team.

Too early to make any big predictions based on the actual playing staff because most teams won’t be finalised until well into the summer, but I would hope that we wouldn’t have anywhere near as bad luck with our bowling corps this season from an availability standpoint and I’ve always felt that batsmen can win you games but bowlers win you titles (in all formats).

First time in over 10 years the season ticket price has gone up

odds on for Trev to do damage when we play Leicestershire

I think we will sneak top four and go out in the QFs

lost carse for a good wehile last season, and Potts was on international duty, id like to think a push for top 4, not just trying to be less shit than Leicestershire would be a bone

Back