Dunkirk - the forgotten heroes.

Wasn’t there a battalion or division at Dieppe who basically had to sacrifice themselves to keep the Germans distracted and allow the evacuation to take place?

Watched a good documentary on YouTube not long ago as well about “the greatest raid of all” the raid on St. Nazaire where British commandos blew up the dock gate so the Turpitz wouldn’t have a home on the Atlantic coast.

Amazing bravery.

Good documentary, very touching watching the veteran visit his mates grave in the town....doing his salute, superb.

Sad that 2 of the lads who took part in the programme recently passed away, can’t be many veterans left from ww2.

Can't be me dad was only 20 at Dunkirk and he's been dead since 92. Have to be nearly 100 now.
Good documentary, very touching watching the veteran visit his mates grave in the town....doing his salute, superb.

Sad that 2 of the lads who took part in the programme recently passed away, can’t be many veterans left from ww2.

Wasn’t there a battalion or division at Dieppe who basically had to sacrifice themselves to keep the Germans distracted and allow the evacuation to take place?

Watched a good documentary on YouTube not long ago as well about “the greatest raid of all” the raid on St. Nazaire where British commandos blew up the dock gate so the Turpitz wouldn’t have a home on the Atlantic coast.

Amazing bravery.

There was a film out earlier this year about it Journey's End (2017) - IMDb
Unfortunately I missed it when it was out and haven't caught up to watch it yet.

Amazing bravery.
I thought it was these, the 51st?

Just watched the darkest hour the other week anarl.

Channel 4 now. All about 51st division who had to stay behind and fight after the evacuation. Gravel and all sorts in me eyes. f***ing legends, every one of them
Bollocks didn't know this was on !! will have to download

Amazing bravery.
Think i've seen that, Jeremy Clarkson did a very good documentary on it i think.

Back