Dundee United

2 minutes from the train station is Union Street with 5 pubs the best is trades right at the top and a good craft pub near the bottom it's a skinny pub though , just before Union Street is McDaniels good pub with decent pool table
McDaniels being a good pub is debatable.

The Bank Bar, The Trades, and Dynamo (which I think will be the craft beer pub you refer to) on Union St are all good though.

Last edited:
Never wore them is how I remember Sturrock
My Standard Grade (What we did instead of GCSEs in Scotland in the year 2000) Accounts teacher used to live next door to Paul Sturrock - she gave a signed photo of him to the pupil who got the highest score in their prelim (mock) exam. It wasn’t me.

Last edited:
My Standard Grade (What we did instead of GCSEs in 2000) Accounts teacher used to live next door to Paul Sturrock - she gave a signed photo of him to the pupil who got the highest score in their prelim (mock) exam. It wasn’t me.
I met him once in Sunderland Greyhound stadium

his wife came over to me after our chat and said it made him so happy to be recognised as a footballer, years after retiring

Plenty of camping spots in Loch lomand if you fancy it 😀
Everytime I hear Loch Lomond I think of this :)

I met him once in Sunderland Greyhound stadium

his wife came over to me after our chat and said it made him so happy to be recognised as a footballer, years after retiring
He was a good player Sturrock. I think we were interested in him at some point. Probably late 70s early 80s

Last edited:
Stop talking shite.
Lots wanted to stop over but the British Open and some exhibition in Dundee means there’s basically no accommodation for miles around.
Trains aren’t cheap in most cases and many are fully booked with tourists and those going to the golf.
It’s also just prior to peak holiday time and many families are finding life expensive right now.
I’m sure we’ll sell a good few more within the next couple of weeks-if there’s one set of fans whose loyalty shouldn’t be questioned it’s ours and anyone like you who builds the murder regime supporters up in the public arena should be fcuking ashamed.
Excellent reply. Other poster probably elevated the Mags fans to superstars in 1992 as well when Keegan took over and suddenly they rediscovered 10 times more lapsed fans than had been going before under Ardiles and the like.

I’m not sure what they were protesting against or which shops were getting shouted at then.

It takes absolutely no dedication or loyalty at all to follow a team when they’ve just become the richest in the world. They were giving away 10000 season tickets not so long ago yet get sexually aroused if they see an empty seat at the SoL.

Another mag on ignore for me. My list is getting longer than their new waiting list for season tickets.

We are driving up and staying in Edinburgh on the way back.

You would have had to have the finances of the investment fund of a murderous oil-rich nation state to afford the prices of hotels in Dundee and its environs.

Back