Duncan Watmore

People are always looking for bantery ways to write him off.
he was a breath of fresh air when he started here and was knocking in goals in the top flight.
an injury is an injury is an injury and if you're unlucky it will knack you
he scored 3 in 37 appearances in the PL and has scored 6 in 65 in total.

I don’t know what that means but the lad looks terrified whenever he sets off on a run. Don’t think his head will ever be right after those 2 injuries.
I think its quite clear what it means. The bloke is on a relative fortune for sitting on his arse. Why would he need to start a new career

Never had blistering pace .

Has none now.

Still good enough for this level though.
He has or rather had pace but pace in the sense of sprinting/running he cannot carry the ball. We signed him as he had potential and they thought they could coach a final ball and some skill into his game. 4 years on and that hasnt happened for one reason or another and he's now redundant as a footballer. Nice lad but as we all know in world of cut throat sport nice guys often finish last.

He has or rather had pace but pace in the sense of sprinting/running he cannot carry the ball. We signed him as he had potential and they thought they could coach a final ball and some skill into his game. 4 years on and that hasnt happened for one reason or another and he's now redundant as a footballer. Nice lad but as we all know in world of cut throat sport nice guys often finish last.
Be interesting to see what level he's playing at next year, as i don't think he's much better than league one.

Be interesting to see what level he's playing at next year, as i don't think he's much better than league one.
A switch would probably do him the world of good, park everything that's happened and start fresh. If he can rebuild his confidence and get a run of games he may well kick on a bit and offer a team something but he's just dead in the water here.

Didn’t Dunc score a wonder goal playing for England u21’s or whoever a couple of years back? Can’t find it anywhere
Your feeding us on thin gruel with this subject.

I have some paint to return back to and watch dry.

I bet only a few of those appearances were full games. He was a sub for most of them, and a bairn.
Plus, when you look at Wyke and Grigg those stats aren't even that bad! :lol:
So hardly a breathe of fresh air when he was sub mostly in a struggling side. He was early 20s so yes young but not a bairn.

I’ve said it before , when he runs he s just aimless.HE looks like a kid chasing a fiver in the wind .

Back