Dull hobbies....

We absolutely love a graveyard when doing a Euro city break, always dedicate a day to wandering around and trying to piece together some of the local history. Inevitably related to the horrors of the world wars.

I did the Cimitero Monumental in Milan a couple of years ago. Wasn't even aware of it before I went and only knew it was there cos I walked past it on way from the train station to my hotel. It was an amazing place and better than the more famous attractions. Some of the family mausoleums are as big as houses.

Not really a hobby but I find graveyards and cemeteries fascinating

Can spend an hour or two easily just reading headstones.

Get to know certain families from specific villages where the same names crop up over and over
Wouldn't say this is dull. In fact, cemeteries are incredibly popular.

People are dying to get in.
Love an obscure museum.

Highlights include a penis museum, a biscuit tin museum and a mushroom museum.
Full of bellends that place.

Nothing ever gets stale at that one though!

Hard to cap the last one!

Last edited:
I did the Cimitero Monumental in Milan a couple of years ago. Wasn't even aware of it before I went and only knew it was there cos I walked past it on way from the train station to my hotel. It was an amazing place and better than the more famous attractions. Some of the family mausoleums are as big as houses.
I went to the Recoleta cemetery years ago and it was fascinating. I was wandering about taking snaps and being a proper tourists until I stumbled across an actual funeral. Hadn't even crossed my mind that it was still in use.:oops: Some of the mausoleums there were incredible.

We absolutely love a graveyard when doing a Euro city break, always dedicate a day to wandering around and trying to piece together some of the local history. Inevitably related to the horrors of the world wars.
i know its probably hard to explain, but what's the draw of it?
the Wife loves to go to graveyards when we're in the states looking up the gravesites of old hollywood stars, me i just find it a bit morbid really struggle to see the appeal.

Live and let live, no hobby is dull to those who love that hobby, mine are walking, local and industrial history, groundhopping, real ale/historical pubs/ allotment gardening, but I would find anything to do with Sci-fi really dull, and don't find hunting and killing of animals very clever, though I'm sure for those that do it, its not dull, just done by dullards.

Last edited:
Live and let live, no hobby is dull to those who love that hobby, mine are walking, local and industrial history, groundhopping, real ale/historical pubs/ allotment gardening, but I would find anything to do with Sci-fi really dull, and don't find hunting and killing of animals very clever, though I'm sure for those that do it, its not dull, just done by dullards.
Had to google groundhopping, was picturing you in the back garden with a pogo stick.
I don't think I've any dull hobbies, some people might argue watching football, and it can be occasionally tbf.
I find anything to do with cars extremely dull.

Back