Dublin

Dublin is OK, been to worse, been to better. I had a good time but I would have had a good time anywhere because of the people I was with. Some idiot bloke nicked my niece's mobile from the bar counter. But he got caught. Haha. The second time I went the traffic was bad, took ages to move anywhere.

As above, rent a flat, it tends to be cheaper than a hotel.

Much prefer Galway and the west coast - but shhh we don't want everybody going there.
How?

My daughter went in to the gent's toilets and had a go at him. He denied it. She said she had seen him (loitering) and told him to give it back. He went back to the toilet, then ran out of the gents. She gambled that he had then hidden it in the toilet cubicle, she went in and climbed up and found it on top of a toilet dividing wall.

Daughter was flavour of the night with her cousin!

Nice one. Might give a couple of them a try, we don't go til the last weekend in November.

Think we've been 'politely asked to leave' The Norseman before. Barman didn't like the look of us and got a bit snotty so he was told to fuck off by one of the lads. We haven't been back in since. Might be worth a look if they do lock ins, we usually can't find anywhere once Goggartys kicks out (is it 2 or 3? I'm usually too fucked to tell by that point!)

Bad Bobs, The Mezz and The Czech Bar stay open later, however they don’t let many people in once gogartys is shut on purpose.

I used to think it was bullshit as well. Went there and it definitely does.

Already established that it doesn't. It tastes just like a well kept/good pint here. With the acceptance you're much less likely to get a duff one over there.

Edit: I did put more than my usual amount away whilst over there tbf so well done the Irish.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed kilmainham jail but didn't find Dublin that impressive as a city. Guinness tour is crap etc, and there isn't that much to see. Just going drinking, its probably great. Rather go to the west coast
Agreed. Anyone asks me about coming here I tell them to go anywhere other than Dublin.
Galway, Westport, Kerry are great.

Apparently (Chris Evans was on about it) there's a town where pretty much every shop doubles up as a pub. Need to go there cos that sounds class and a great excuse for people going out to get some DIY bits n bobs and rolling back pissed and the missus fewmin the shelves haven't been put up :lol:

Going in a couple of weeks sounds like il need a canny bit to spend..

Cheapest place on Temple Bar is this place that looks like a converted garage, around 5.50 euros a pint. It has an original Street Fighter II machine in as well, which is canny good.

If you are into rock music theres a place up near Parnell Square called Fibber Magees, it has pool tables and large outdoor seating areas. That isn't very pricey.

Last edited:
Already established that it doesn't. It tastes just like a well kept/good pint here. With the acceptance you're much less likely to get a duff one over there.

Edit: I did put more than my usual amount away whilst over there tbf so well done the Irish.
Well I disagree mate. I used to think it was absolute bollocks and a complete myth. But I can definitely taste the difference. Obviously it's not completely different but to me it tastes nicer

Parnell Mooneys at the top of O'Connell st is without doubt the mankiest bar I've ever been in and I've been in the Tram Car Inn.

Edit-looks like it's had a makeover since I was last there - it was fkin grim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back