• It would appear that none of the "Branch Forums" are in active use any longer

Unless I hear otherwise from any of the branches, or I can see evidence of any activity, these forums will be removed at the end of September 2020.

@roger

Dublin for the Spurs game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well lads, being a Sunderland fan based in Carlow means I'm more or less on my own when it comes to going out to watch matches!

I'm away down in Kerry this weekend with work, but can a few of you off here keep me in the loop with meet ups etc in the Dublin area? My girlfriend lives in Santry so its never a problem with boozing in Dublin + it'd be nice to watch games with fellow SAFC fans for a change.

Taken off another forum.

Most boozers show the Setanta 3pm game. If Sunderland is not the Setanta 3pm game then the Woolshed has all of the 3pm games. Sinnotts would definitely show the Setanta game, not sure about the others. I think the Living Room (just off O'Connoll Street) show all the 3pm games too

bohemians

Midfield
Taken off another forum.

Most boozers show the Setanta 3pm game. If Sunderland is not the Setanta 3pm game then the Woolshed has all of the 3pm games. Sinnotts would definitely show the Setanta game, not sure about the others. I think the Living Room (just off O'Connoll Street) show all the 3pm games too
Its worth checking out for definite the Living Room seems a reasonable one.

Another post on the other forum if you can put up with the Spurs fans !! I think the key is getting a pub that definately has the dodgy channels.

Tom Mayes pub in Dorset street have a dedicated " Spurs Lodge " which should be showing the game - it might be an idea to phone the pub - 01 - 8746939

Cheers lads, we get there on the Friday night so plenty time on the Saturday to scout places out, for the match as we are out early for breakfast.

Whilst on the subject any advice on a nice bit of breakfast near Parnell street and any advice on the Saturday night drinking and where to go is appreciated!!
Well for the sat night depends what you after temple Bar though very expensive and not really a place locals go is great night out if you have few quid. Otherwise up around wexford st and camden st is good area for beers. Generally even though im a northsider would recommend drinking on southside of liffey better pubs and nicer area. Porter house at edge of temple bar will be good for food and have bands on and from there you have loads of pubs around you.

Dobblemackem

Midfield
Yeah I think we are having a couple in temple bar but its a bit mainstream for the lad who's stag it is, so be leaving there early on and be looking for places with a bit more character I think having a look at Wexford st is a plan as I've heard it mentioned a few times cheers lads.

Yeah I think we are having a couple in temple bar but its a bit mainstream for the lad who's stag it is, so be leaving there early on and be looking for places with a bit more character I think having a look at Wexford st is a plan as I've heard it mentioned a few times cheers lads.
The Quays pub is in Temple Bar and is owned by Louis Fitzgerald ex Drumavile and is worth a visit. Wexford Street area is certainly a must.
Enjoy.

Hows it going in the fair city bud?

Dobblemackem

Midfield
Hows it going in the fair city bud?
First time hear and I have to say wow!! Absolutely fantastic, checked into hotel and went to a pub last night with live music and was just unbelievable so much character.

Out in the centre now and just brilliant been in 4 bars and everyone unique so different!! As much as I love Sunderland and its my city this is just brilliant.

The Guinness is on a different level, currently in Tom Kennedys watching the match and I don't want to leave!!

First time hear and I have to say wow!! Absolutely fantastic, checked into hotel and went to a pub last night with live music and was just unbelievable so much character.

Out in the centre now and just brilliant been in 4 bars and everyone unique so different!! As much as I love Sunderland and its my city this is just brilliant.

The Guinness is on a different level, currently in Tom Kennedys watching the match and I don't want to leave!!
Topper lad, great you enjoyed the visit.

Delighted you enjoyed it pal I fell in love with Dublin many years ago how was the whiskey distillery visit?

bohemians

Midfield

Pleased you had a good time what was your favourite pub?

Dobblemackem

Midfield
Pleased you had a good time what was your favourite pub?
It was amazing can not wait to go back!! I loved norsmans on temple bar, the wollshed was excellent, we went to a pub my mate told me was a charlie chalk pub that was awesome can't recall the name, and a small place called Tom Kennedys was absolutely brilliant, oh and one with grain in the name on Wexford, not one bad pub though.

It was amazing can not wait to go back!! I loved norsmans on temple bar, the wollshed was excellent, we went to a pub my mate told me was a charlie chalk pub that was awesome can't recall the name, and a small place called Tom Kennedys was absolutely brilliant, oh and one with grain in the name on Wexford, not one bad pub though.
Was the Charlie Chawke pub the Bank Searsons or the Oval?
Against the Grain pub in Wexford Street is owned by the Galway brewery did you try any of the craft beers in there bud?

Dobblemackem

Midfield
I had an amazing selection of beers in Against the Grain. Possibly one of the best pubs I've ever been in
Was just round the corner weren't it mate? Hahaha
Was the Charlie Chawke pub the Bank Searsons or the Oval?
Against the Grain pub in Wexford Street is owned by the Galway brewery did you try any of the craft beers in there bud?
I sampled a few of the ciders as I had a girly hangover from the Saturday. @davemackem tried a good few though great boozer.

I'll be going back October/November

Status
Not open for further replies.