Dublin for the Spurs game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobblemackem

Midfield
Hello

Posted this in pure football and was advised by @Kingdom Bhoy to put it in here.

In Dublin from Friday with a small group from Sunderland (all missing the spurs game). Looking for a decent place to watch the game on Saturday afternoon, any advice given appreciated.

Cheers

bohemians

Midfield
Hello

Posted this in pure football and was advised by @Kingdom Bhoy to put it in here.

In Dublin from Friday with a small group from Sunderland (all missing the spurs game). Looking for a decent place to watch the game on Saturday afternoon, any advice given appreciated.

Cheers
The last I heard the SAFCSA Dublin branch were watching the Sunderland matches in the Woolshed pub in Parnell St in Dublin city centre.

Ding Dong

Midfield
Turn out has been non existent in recent times unfortunately, might see if I can dodge in that way this weekend mind, how many lads are over?

Safc Meath

Goalkeeper
Living out toward Drogheda mate so never really venture into Dublin to watch a game, my clan usually make enough of us when a game is on anyway....... but if any you guys are getting together I might just swing by

Dobblemackem

Midfield
There's at least 5 lads, couple of girls with us aswell, I would say about 7-8 of us watching the match, be making the day of it, by the sounds of it we are going to head to O'neills then go where we need to from there, we are very central so can go anywhere really.

There's at least 5 lads, couple of girls with us aswell, I would say about 7-8 of us watching the match, be making the day of it, by the sounds of it we are going to head to O'neills then go where we need to from there, we are very central so can go anywhere really.
I get the impression that with the Woolshed having more screens than O'Neills theres more chance of them having more than one match on at the same time. I'm sure our Dublin friends will advise you better on here bud.

Does Sinnotts not show the live matches?
Sinnotts not as likely to have it. Would think your best bet would be the woolshed good for cheapish deals with beer and grub as well. O Neills is not a great spot for football either. For cheap beer o reillys under tara st station is good spot €3.20 a point which for Dublin is really good.

Gentlemen ,hope you have a good time in Dublin.

If you are staying in the Stephens green area loads of pubs around,however I am not in Dublin at the moment so the safest bet would appear to be the Woolshead.

If you have time do a rekkie the night before and check out a few places.

Nice places around the Baggot St area but a bit pricey for drink.

Enjoy it anyway, weather looks good.

Hmmm now that I think of it a trip out to The Goat Inn out in Goatstown might be a runner.

Owned by Charlie Chalke who was involved with SAFC back in the day.

Cracking pub.

You would get there in a taxi from Stephens Green area for about 20 Eurons

20/4 = fiver a head.

Just a thought.

Let us know how the trip went .

Last edited:
Gentlemen ,hope you have a good time in Dublin.

If you are staying in the Stephens green area loads of pubs around,however I am not in Dublin at the moment so the safest bet would appear to be the Woolshead.

If you have time do a rekkie the night before and check out a few places.

Nice places around the Baggot St area but a bit pricey for drink.

Enjoy it anyway, weather looks good.

Hmmm now that I think of it a trip out to The Goat Inn out in Goatstown might be a runner.

Owned by Charlie Chalke who was involved with SAFC back in the day.

Cracking pub.

You would get there in a taxi from Stephens Green area for about 20 Eurons

20/4 = fiver a head.

Just a thought.

Let us know how the trip went .
I know the Goat very well as a great Dublin SAFC family live very close to it.

Its a cracking pub but I'm not sure if they show ther dodgy channels bud unless its on Setanta Ireland?

keswickmackem

Midfield
I know the Goat very well as a great Dublin SAFC family live very close to it.

Its a cracking pub but I'm not sure if they show ther dodgy channels bud unless its on Setanta Ireland?
Setanta have Southampton v Newcastle this Saturday. Unfortunately I'll not be able to attend @Kingdom Bhoy as I'm in on the 7am flight to Newcastle that morning.

Hope you lot enjoy your stay in Dublin - I'd recommend phoning before hand to see if you can get the game on, Sinnot's has so many TVs that if they can get the game they'll usually put it on one of the tellies for you - 0035314784698

Setanta have Southampton v Newcastle this Saturday. Unfortunately I'll not be able to attend @Kingdom Bhoy as I'm in on the 7am flight to Newcastle that morning.

Hope you lot enjoy your stay in Dublin - I'd recommend phoning before hand to see if you can get the game on, Sinnot's has so many TVs that if they can get the game they'll usually put it on one of the tellies for you - 0035314784698
Good support that bud sounds like Sinnot's may well be a good option.
Could be worth an e mail to them Dobblemackem.

Well done lad, hope the lads and lasses enjoy their Dub visit.

Dobblemackem

Midfield
Cheers lads, we get there on the Friday night so plenty time on the Saturday to scout places out, for the match as we are out early for breakfast.

Whilst on the subject any advice on a nice bit of breakfast near Parnell street and any advice on the Saturday night drinking and where to go is appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.