Dual Monitor Set-up - Starting from scratch

One of the monitors is just showing what you have on the laptop screen
Still not sure what you mean.
When I had 2 monitors connected, I was still able to have the laptop screen open if I wished, and it was a 3rd, separate screen.

Even if you were correct, OP only wants 2 screens (with a desktop PC), so he can shut the laptop, and that would work perfectly for him.

I had 2 monitors, on stands. 24" I think they were.
Made the jump to a single Ultrawide instead. Much better tbh.

Also, I know you say the laptop is end of life, but a RAM upgrade and an SSD upgrade usually rejuvinate just about any laptop and make them feel like new for about £100-125. And you can connect an ultrawide to it (as I do).
Ultrawides are a bit top heavy like. The bairn knocked his over reaching for a light switch and it died.

Still not sure what you mean.
When I had 2 monitors connected, I was still able to have the laptop screen open if I wished, and it was a 3rd, separate screen.

Even if you were correct, OP only wants 2 screens (with a desktop PC), so he can shut the laptop, and that would work perfectly for him.
So you have 2 independent screens outside of the laptop screen? Must be a good laptop.

I've got a really shit Lenovo L560 laptop through work and I run 3 independent screens - laptop screen is only ever on outlook inbox - and then I have 2 24 inch monitors that I use to work on (one connected via VGA and one via DP) - works a treat - bought the 2 monitors and the dual monitor desk clamp for about £230 - made a massive difference for work

Just had a flashback to my bank of daisy chained 3.5" Amiga external drives.:lol:
I bet you never copied games on those :D
I've got a really shit Lenovo L560 laptop through work and I run 3 independent screens - laptop screen is only ever on outlook inbox - and then I have 2 24 inch monitors that I use to work on (one connected via VGA and one via DP) - works a treat - bought the 2 monitors and the dual monitor desk clamp for about £230 - made a massive difference for work
Its the biggest advance in my productivity ever. Dual monitors is a must for me. I cannot bare using a laptop on its own.

Back