Dry skin

Seaham Towny

Striker
Developed a rash recently and was told to use Daktakort by the doc which I think is a steroid cream.

Used it for a week as advised and it’s stopped the itching, however skin still looks red and seems really dry, week without anything.

Anyone any advice? Any vitamins or supplements that are good for your skin?

Where's the rash (if you don't mind me asking) ?

It should go away on its own with treatments others have mentioned but go back to your GP if not. Could be an allergy?

Any body lotion or body butter, ideally unscented and for sensitive skin. Smear it on thickly after you have a shower and let it soak in.

Is it not from rubbing/ friction?

Doctor said it was fungal, sweat related. I usually wear jeans and I’m up and about a lot.

Being up front, the itching has disappeared, it’s still red though and looks horrendous. Thinking I can wait it out without anything on it.

I’ve had dermatitis on my hands, same as my dad. He said he was told it’s a nickel allergy and I assumed it was from lifting weights at the gym. But I’ve noticed that it gets worse if I’ve had a drink.

So for the next month I’m completely avoiding alcohol to see how many times it flares up.

I suffered with terrible eczema as a kid, and since I’ve just had dry skin.

I use LaRochePosay Lipikar Baumé A+P. I went from being in agony all the time to being a normal person save for a few flare ups a year.

Back