Dry January

Fair enough. But is the bit where people go - "I am really struggling now" - Like its self inflicted no ones making them do it.
Yeah but sometimes you want to do stuff that you will struggle with or not enjoy for the greater good of your body. Like going for a run for example.

Currently having an ICE COLD San Miguel in a San Miguel glass.

Rivulets of condensation slowly running down the glass as the soothing, cooling beer eases my throat and gently eases my Sunday cares away.

3 weeks in and 8 and a bit lbs of the kite in all honesty not missed it get up and go for a run on a Sunday instead of lingering in my pit like I said before each to their own I need to get fitter and one of the things for me is not drinking at the moment

28 days later and dry January will soon be over as out for birthday later.

Longest I've gone without drinking for two decades. Actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, even opening bottles of wine and making cocktails for the Mrs didn't bother me after week one.

Realised that there are some non alcohol beers that you can stomach. Lost weight, slept better. Will lead to long term reduced drinking. However very dull and I'm looking forward to indulging later.

To all those going to the 31st. Nearly there!

Definitely not as many people done dry January this year, our pub has been steady away for most of the month. First 10 days were shite but after that it seems everyone has fell off the wagon and we’ve been busier than most of December and miles better than previous Januarys. Hopefully other places have experienced a similar pattern.

Definitely not as many people done dry January this year, our pub has been steady away for most of the month. First 10 days were shite but after that it seems everyone has fell off the wagon and we’ve been busier than most of December and miles better than previous Januarys. Hopefully other places have experienced a similar pattern.
I think a lot of people went without the pub for long enough over the last few years and want to make up for lost time.

I did have visions of us turning over Bolton and turning out with my mates that went down, serves me right for expecting something from Sunderland in fairness.

Back