Dry January

Anyone doing it this time around? I absolutely will be I feel like shite here, sick of it tbh. I might (definitely will) fail on the 29th if I go to Bolton away though, any sympathy posts are welcome and any nasty ones will be deleted via my secret MOD account.
I probably will. Did a dry Nov & December as well bar Xmas week , been hitting the gym and will be back on the regime .
I went off the beer from December last year until July, longest I've ever not drank. I would typically now only drink 5-6 times a year anyway (but tend to get hammered)

I must say in that time, I was probably never as productive or as fit/healthy.

Will do Dry January and try and see how long I can stay off it thereafter.
I'm aiming for May. Ended up doing 10 years once 😄

Last edited:

Gym che every night straight from work ,not that I would drink anyway on a school night but it keeps the wolf at bay .
Pretty much the same here but with my walks, weekends are my tester but I’m occupied by work Saturday and hiking Sunday so I think I’m all good.

Pretty much the same here but with my walks, weekends are my tester but I’m occupied by work Saturday and hiking Sunday so I think I’m all good.
I’ll a million percentage have a drink Saturday/go for bait with our lass.It’ll be 5-6 pints at the most .(which is less than half than I sometimes sup)

Me and the Missus are doing the dry January again this year.

Not too bad this far in but for us it’s always two weeks in that we start to falter🤣

Lots of walks planned and cinema (especially over the weekends)

Doesn’t help bloody eating less as well as it’s a double whammy.

Started yesterday, the weekend will be a test for me but I’m thinking of the health benefits. Did 5 weeks off Oct-Nov and lost 7lbs.

Yep - I've knocked the sauce on the head or a month, mainly to try and shift a bit of timber. I put away a stupid amount of prosecco and red wine since the first lockdown. It became a habit and my blue wheelie bin every other Monday morning was a fecking embarrassment the noise it made when the bin men collected it.

We're in a box for a mate's birthday on for the Portsmouth (?) match on 22nd. That's going to be a big test but I've made 5 days so far and that is a fecking miracle for me.

Back