Dry January

As long as your just drinking in moderation and enjoy relaxing with a drink or a social drink with mates then there’s little harm , unless your health is in bad way or you can’t just have a couple then I can’t see point of dry January, just have one or don’t have one but don’t seek some sort of kudos for being tea total for 4 week
As I say it’s for people who don’t like drinking but Gan their ends at Xmas .

A whole month is too much but I've having a dry weekend. Nice to give your body a few days off once in a while.

Last edited:
2 weeks in with no drink and no fags more importantly for me. I’m actually fine just a little bored but will easily do another 2 weeks. I have put about a stone on as can’t stop eating sweets and crisps.
Also , bought a variety of vapes - just in case - but haven’t felt the need.
The hardest part will be with a pint in hand i think.

Still going strong here, been out for a meal in Leeds today but drove from Manchester so couldn’t drink, everyone else was absolutely hammering it :lol:

As I say it’s for people who don’t like drinking but Gan their ends at Xmas .

Mr Gilly, we actually agree on something. I’m going to have another can to celebrate this.
2 weeks in with no drink and no fags more importantly for me. I’m actually fine just a little bored but will easily do another 2 weeks. I have put about a stone on as can’t stop eating sweets and crisps.
Also , bought a variety of vapes - just in case - but haven’t felt the need.
The hardest part will be with a pint in hand i think.

If you can manage without the vapes then don’t. Another couple weeks and you’ll be free of the wretched expensive fucks.

Last edited:
I can quite easily do dry Monday to Fridays especially working late shift every 2 weeks.

Dry January has never been a thing for me, or anything at all where some month is involved.

Unless you’re a right piss head, have alcohol related issues or it being a real challenge then it’s pretty pointless.

Back