Dry January

Last night my bad cough was giving me gip and irritating the rest of the family so I decided to make myself a hot lemon and honey drink. Got to the fruit bowl to find only a lime, not a lemon. So my first thought wasn't "will make do with a lemsip" but rather "I wonder what a hot toddy margarita tastes like?"

I then got half cut on this beautiful alcoholic creation which I proudly invented (though I dare say someone did it before me).

Juice of one lime
Bit of hot water
Big slug of tequila
Big slug of cointreau
Big dollop of honey (don't think salt would be good in a hot drink and honey makes it medicinal obviously)

Was like nectar from heaven. Then I wondered if this was symbolic of liking the booze too much.

Out on the beers tonight....

Give us some statistics

Between 2014 and 2016, 103 men living in the Sunderland local authority area died of alcohol-specific causes. When you work that out per person and take into account age, Sunderland is the 13th worst local authority in the country.

Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, Redcar, South Tyneside, Sunderland, Newcastle all make the top 20.

Alcohol misuse is a huge problem for the NE and the casual attitudes people take to it don't help.

Out of everywhere in the country the only place worse than Blackpool for alcohol-specific deaths amongst men was Hartlepool.

Between 2014 and 2016, 103 men living in the Sunderland local authority area died of alcohol-specific causes. When you work that out per person and take into account age, Sunderland is the 13th worst local authority in the country.

Middlesbrough, Stockton, Hartlepool, Redcar, South Tyneside, Sunderland, Newcastle all make the top 20.

Alcohol misuse is a huge problem for the NE and the casual attitudes people take to it don't help.

Out of everywhere in the country the only place worse than Blackpool for alcohol-specific deaths amongst men was Hartlepool.
That's the football to blame.

Safe to say Hartlepool is just the worst regardless

This evening is the first time this year I've felt like having a drink. Anyone else still going?

Yep .. mind you had a pint New Years Eve and that was my first drink in 28 months due to meds I am on......real lightweight.....rather enjoyed it.....but another six months before allowed another....Oh well, something to look forward to.:lol::lol:

Stopped on 24th December, stopped the tabs too.

Not felt like having a drink or tab at all tbh.

Have to watch when you go social drinking again.....lots restart on the fags......I'll only have the one or a cigar and wake up next morning with a packet in the pocket with 5 fags left:eek::rolleyes:

103 people dying over 3 years seems reasonable like.

103 people dying over 3 years seems reasonable like.

103 of alcohol-specific causes. 315 if you look at alcohol-related. The two are different.

Alcohol specific means the cause of death is entirely caused by alcohol.

Alcohol related means the cause of death has been exacerbated by alcohol.

Sunderland performs very, very poorly, as does the NE as a whole.

It's not a reasonable number at all.

Back