Drummers!

Some good points raised...guess we’ll agree and disagree on certain areas..
I’ve never got why Baker is such an arsehole as a person though....baffling
He's a very balanced man. He has a chip on both shoulders. He never got the credit (and royalties, musically) he thought that he deserved for being the backbeat of the band. He also hated the big amplifier sound that rock brought to the table - in their early days he said that he had to play too hard to make himself heard and that took it out of him.

In reality though I just think that he's an angry man. He hates the idea that he was in a band that was the 'forerunner of heavy rock'. He kind of liked the position (and the money) he was in but felt that he was trapped into that genre. He would have been happier doing what he was happiest playing but mostly I just think that he has that abrasive steak in him. Never really happy. One of those people.

Never seen the point of them myself.
Tuneless and toneless.
Just bang, bang, bang, not music.

Some good points raised...guess we’ll agree and disagree on certain areas..
I’ve never got why Baker is such an arsehole as a person though....baffling
Have you seen the documentary about him? Beware of Mr Baker. It’s brilliant. He’s such a twat! Clapton reckons he was only in Blind Faith because he turned up at the auditions and everyone was too scared to tell him to go away!

Have you seen the documentary about him? Beware of Mr Baker. It’s brilliant. He’s such a twat! Clapton reckons he was only in Blind Faith because he turned up at the auditions and everyone was too scared to tell him to go away!
No yet, I’m not sure it’ll be comfortable viewing...
Just stick him and Keano in the same room:cool:

He's a very balanced man. He has a chip on both shoulders. He never got the credit (and royalties, musically) he thought that he deserved for being the backbeat of the band. He also hated the big amplifier sound that rock brought to the table - in their early days he said that he had to play too hard to make himself heard and that took it out of him.

In reality though I just think that he's an angry man. He hates the idea that he was in a band that was the 'forerunner of heavy rock'. He kind of liked the position (and the money) he was in but felt that he was trapped into that genre. He would have been happier doing what he was happiest playing but mostly I just think that he has that abrasive steak in him. Never really happy. One of those people.
For an angry man he`s very delicate in his playing though. Watch TOAD live from RAH and his playing is fantastic. His volume comes from technique rather than a lot of modern drummers batting hell out of the skins

For an angry man he`s very delicate in his playing though. Watch TOAD live from RAH and his playing is fantastic. His volume comes from technique rather than a lot of modern drummers batting hell out of the skins
I saw the GB band years ago and he is without doubt a great drummer. I don't think Jack Bruce would argue that the man has anger issues.

Peart technically is superb and absolutely the perfect drummer for a band like Rush. Not so sure how he would fair in a straight ahead rock n roll band though...but he is brilliant at what he does

Totally agree.

Brian Downey Thin Lizzy mind you decent as Bill Ward Sabbath.

Keith Moon or Cozy Powell get my vote.

Cozy Powell used to play football with us kids.
Lived in our Village and watched a few Swindon games.
Great drummer by the way.
Used to have a white Alsatian named Colin.

Last edited:
Totally agree.

Brian Downey Thin Lizzy mind you decent as Bill Ward Sabbath.

Cozy Powell used to play football with us kids.
Lived in our Village and watched a few Swindon games.
Great drummer by the way.
Used to have a white Alsatian named Colin.
Brian Downey was actually more military/boys brigade style drumming. Worked spot on for Lizzy though

Back