Dropping litter on public transport

I've got myself into bother with this a few times. Some Chinese bloke on the bus dropped his rubbish. I challenged him and he sad I'd because of me a cleaner has a job. I've put McDonalds rubbish back through car windows before but the worst was a black audi. A lad lobbed a box of those laughing gas canisters out in front of my house. He refused to pick them up so I out them all in his boot. He got out with a knife but quickly got back in when I said the police were coming already. Was a bit silly that.

People dropping litter in the street is bad enough, folk lobbing stuff out of car windows absolutely boils my piss. f***ing arseholes

Chester le Street is minging on a dinner time. The Park View children sit on the benches outside Tesco or on the floor in St Cuthbert's mall and then walk off leaving food packaging all over the floor even though there are bins there.
Not a lot of respect now.
It's the same in 'my' cemetery - kids walk through on their way back to school from the chippy.
They're carrying those polystyrene trays - once they've eaten enough most of them just toss the tray up in the air and carrying on walking - leaving chips etc all over the cemetery driveways.

Still maintain we should have ‘low risk’ prisoners out and about cleaning up
Litter etc. Give them something useful to do and tidy areas up. Next time you’re a passenger in a car, take a good look at the amount of rubbish about, especially on motorways, duel carriageways. It’s disgusting. I’m constantly running after people with the rubbish they’ve just dropped saying “sorry mate you just dropped this!” I think most are so surprised they don’t say anything. I’ll probably end up getting shanked by some roughneck at some point. Really pisses me off though. Especially when there’s bins everywhere. If there isn’t, hold onto it till you see one! Why people want to live in shitholes is beyond me.

Last edited:
I spent a few days in Singapore last December and the place was spotless. Made me realise what a shithole we put up with.
The fine for littering in Singapore is 1000 SD. About £560. Rigidly enforced, rising to 3000 SD and prison for a third offence.
plus the people there take pride in the place they live and aren’t horrible dirty lazy bastards.
Have to wonder sometimes what goes through their heads, I always know when I’m getting bus home after work which ones were used around the time kids are leaving schools for the day. The mess on the top deck is disgusting.

Catching the school bus in the 1980s, I honestly don’t think we were that bad. Sure we could be loud, but we didn’t make a mess of the bus. Mind you when you had Bob Smith personally driving your school bus, you didn’t dare trying it on like :lol:

It’s not just buses though, Metro is having a right bother with youths around the north tyne coast area at the moment. Last weekend at least 15 windows were put out, eight on one train. Another train had chocolate and cream sprayed all around the carriage. It was definitely school age kids, the time done was around the time they come out from certain schools.

There is a member of staff whose job it is to go into schools to talk to kids about the dangers of messing about on public transports, sometimes it’s a joint thing with police, bus companies and BTP. Many times she feels that it’s a losing battle talking to some of them.
Watch them on cctv. Lock the doors and trap the little bastards til the coppers arrive.
Still maintain we should have ‘low risk’ prisoners out and about cleaning up
Litter etc. Give them something useful to do and tidy areas up. Next time you’re a passenger in a car, take a good look at the amount of rubbish about, especially on motorways, duel carriageways. It’s disgusting. I’m constantly running after people with the rubbish they’ve just dropped saying “sorry mate you just dropped this!” I think most are so surprised they don’t say anything. I’ll probably end up getting shanked by some roughneck at some point. Really pisses me off though. Especially when there’s bins everywhere. If there isn’t, hold onto it till you see one! Why people want to live in shitholes is beyond me.
Works in Spain. Put an orange boiler suit on them and make them clean the streets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back