Dropping a settee on your big toe

An unpleasant experience, especially in bare feet.

I sat with it in a bowl of ice for most of last night but when I went to bed I woke up a few times in the night because I could feel it throbbing. Can't put any weight on it so I'm hobbling around the house.

Should I try and treat it with anything, like Nurofen gel or Deep Relief? Have it in ice? Or just feel sorry for myself and wait for the nail to drop off?

I sat with it in a bowl of ice for most of last night but when I went to bed I woke up a few times in the night because I could feel it throbbing. Can't put any weight on it so I'm hobbling around the house.

Should I try and treat it with anything, like Nurofen gel or Deep Relief? Have it in ice? Or just feel sorry for myself and wait for the nail to drop off?

Elevate it.
Ibuprophen to reduce inflammation.
Don't do it again.

Take it from someone who managed to tip over an upright piano on his foot.

Elevate it.
Ibuprophen to reduce inflammation.
Don't do it again.

Take it from someone who managed to tip over an upright piano on his foot.

Things the came out of my mouth before moving the fucker:
Why do we have to do this now?
I'm half asleep this is going to end in tears
Can I not at least put my shoes on first?
I haven't done any exercise for a week, remind to me hang out my running gear ready for tomorrow

Things I said after:
*** off
Get me some ice

Foot injuries are apparently the most painful
I broke my little toe years ago, it’s no disco
Just manage the pain with paracetomol, ice doesn’t really help with healing so I’ve read

Have you tried peanut butter?

I would say big heavy solid wood wardrobe doors swinging at speed on their hinges ,closing onto where your fingers ends are is worse :lol:

Back