Driving license

I don’t think you can be offered a SAC in the first six months of having your licence either.

But not doubled.

Take the SAC if offered.

people..my son has been sent a letter telling him he was doing 62 mph in a 50 zone.. at the roadworks near heworth coming home from work.. whats the law hes shitting himself.. do the points get doubled up in your first 2 years? ive heard this off someone.. but google and the dvla site is a bit vague.. im thinking/hoping its 3 points and a hefty fine..
*Licence.
If he gets 6 points in 2 years he loses his license. Most likely get 3 points and a fine. Don't think he'll be offered speed awareness, not being that far over.
*Licence.

Last edited:
No double points. Over 6 in the first 2 years its a ban. May be just over for an SAC. How old is your son? Need to have a good sit and chat like as its mostly youngins who think they can drive like on a computer and get a shock when they roll it and hit a tree

No double points. Over 6 in the first 2 years its a ban. May be just over for an SAC. How old is your son? Need to have a good sit and chat like as its mostly youngins who think they can drive like on a computer and get a shock when they roll it and hit a tree

It's not a ban, if you could take the tests the next day after your license is revoked you could in theory get it straight back. In reality this isn't now possible due to theory test + practical.

It also only applies to your first full license, if you have a bike license from 17 and get a car one are 21 this wouldn't apply as the to years would have been 17-19 not 21-23. It's a very confusing rule.

When was the offence and when did he receive the letter. If the letter was issued 14 days after the offence came to light then they can't prosecute. NIP, notice of intended prosecution must be issued within 14 days. Just something else to look at as mistakes happen. David Beckham got off on this technicality recently.

It's not a ban, if you could take the tests the next day after your license is revoked you could in theory get it straight back. In reality this isn't now possible due to theory test + practical.

It also only applies to your first full license, if you have a bike license from 17 and get a car one are 21 this wouldn't apply as the to years would have been 17-19 not 21-23. It's a very confusing rule.

Its still goes down on PNC as revoked until test passed

What we should do is install the new GPS speed tracking tech in every car, then, every time you exceed the speed limit it's £5 extra on your next road tax renewal. That would stop it instantly.

What we should do is install the new GPS speed tracking tech in every car, then, every time you exceed the speed limit it's £5 extra on your next road tax renewal. That would stop it instantly.

All cars sold from 2022 onwards are supposed to have in-built speed limiters based on GPS and cameras to read signs.

That’s EU law the DfT said will be adopted whether we are in or out by then.

Quite how this will work I don’t know.

Imagine paying £350 a month for a 2022 5-series and being passed on the motorway by my 2015 C1 😂

Either way I'm assuming his insurance will give him a kick in the nuts come renewal time

Speed awareness course doesn’t make a difference. You should declare it but the insurance company my mum is with didn’t give a toss. Her renewal was cheaper than the previous year.

All cars sold from 2022 onwards are supposed to have in-built speed limiters based on GPS and cameras to read signs.

That’s EU law the DfT said will be adopted whether we are in or out by then.

Quite how this will work I don’t know.

Imagine paying £350 a month for a 2022 5-series and being passed on the motorway by my 2015 C1 😂
I dont know why it would bother anyone really.

I understood the offer of speed awareness course was force specific. In Northumbria it is 10% +2. So doing 35 in a 30 would be a sac (if you qualifying) 36 wouldn’t

Back