Driving license

Speed awareness course doesn’t make a difference. You should declare it but the insurance company my mum is with didn’t give a toss. Her renewal was cheaper than the previous year.
Not sure if the lad has been offered a speed awareness course and if he hasn’t being a new driver he’ll have his pants pulled down at renewal time with 3 points in his licence.... may even have the dreaded black box insisted on too

Last edited:

Not sure if the lad has been offered a speed awareness course and if he hasn’t being a new driver he’ll have his pants pulled down at renewal time with 3 points in his licence

Totally agree. Got 3 points on my licence 2/3 years after I passed and my premiums went through the roof.

Totally agree. Got 3 points on my licence 2/3 years after I passed and my premiums went through the roof.
Must admit it’s shite for young drivers nowadays, massive premiums, black boxes, cameras everywhere, proper ball ache and massively expensive.
My little un turns 15 this year and I’ve already accepted I’m getting fleeced when she hits 17 for a car and insurance

people..my son has been sent a letter telling him he was doing 62 mph in a 50 zone.. at the roadworks near heworth coming home from work.. whats the law hes shitting himself.. do the points get doubled up in your first 2 years? ive heard this off someone.. but google and the dvla site is a bit vague.. im thinking/hoping its 3 points and a hefty fine..
How does it feel knowing you've raised a criminal scumbag? Prison's too good for him.

people..my son has been sent a letter telling him he was doing 62 mph in a 50 zone.. at the roadworks near heworth coming home from work.. whats the law hes shitting himself.. do the points get doubled up in your first 2 years? ive heard this off someone.. but google and the dvla site is a bit vague.. im thinking/hoping its 3 points and a hefty fine..
I got caught on A690 doing 62 in a 50 in May. Just done a speed awareness course a few weeks ago.

Is it still the case that you have to pay about £90 to do the SAC? Not much of a saving on the £100 fine (especially since it is several hours of your time), but I guess it saves you the points...

Simple answer is obviously just not to speed, like. No sympathy.

Back