Driving into Newcastle on a morning

thought follingsby lane meant to be full of pot holes that you cant see now dark nights here ?

I be coming from barnes what cycle lane is there from testos mate? i'm considering starting to cycle couple times week to work (Newcastle), the metro is a right ballache now

get onto the side that's coming from heworth and towards testos. there's a path that takes you to heworth and on towards gateshead stadium. cycle lane, from heworth..

No-one has ever done anything to improve the traffic at the Heworth roundabout. We moved there by the Maiden Over in 1967 and the family are still there now. It's had about four rebuilds in that time and every one improved nothing. Somedays it was quicker to walk to work at Pandon Banks.
They're doing major work on the roundabout in January :neutral::mad::mad:

I think I read they are going to do to testos roundabout what they’ve done at silverlink as well, pleased my commute is short.
Yeah that’s correct.

I was talking to one of the Dads at the bairns football practice who’s working for the drainage contractor at the silverlink. He said they’re stock piling all the earth/clay they’ve excavated from the silverlink to use at testos roundabout flyover. Said they are starting work immediately after the silverlink is finished.

I've been told, and I hesitate to mention this because I have my doubts etc, that a large oil field has been found a few miles off Blyth and a lot of infrastructure work is being done in preparation for an influx of industry. Now I have no idea whether there's any credence to this lads story but he referenced a lot of work going in at Blyth harbour and plans to take down Cambois pier to allow tankers in as evidence. He also pointed out that there's a load of Premier Inn type places, been granted planning permission from Whitley up to Blyth, the roads being improved and a few other bits and bobs.

I’d not be optimistic like.

Yeah that’s correct.

I was talking to one of the Dads at the bairns football practice who’s working for the drainage contractor at the silverlink. He said they’re stock piling all the earth/clay they’ve excavated from the silverlink to use at testos roundabout flyover. Said they are starting work immediately after the silverlink is finished.

Can’t even call it short term pain, it takes them bloody years to make these big changes and even then they end up late, when is silverlink supposed to finish?

I metro everyday now I couldn't hack waiting in the traffic; only had a couple of issues to be fair, for example when the service was running well we ended up "too close to the metro ahead" so had to stop and wait 12 minutes on the bridge. Also got stuck in a tunnel at Gateshead because of a switch tripping on the back carriage, had to get some poor lad to walk down the tunnel and hold the switch down till we got to the next stop :lol:

I think I read they are going to do to testos roundabout what they’ve done at silverlink as well, pleased my commute is short.

Similar. Silver link will be 3 levels. A19 straight through bottom. Round about middle. Coast toad straight over the top.

Testos they are keeping the existing roundabout but building a flyover for the A19.

I metro everyday now I couldn't hack waiting in the traffic; only had a couple of issues to be fair, for example when the service was running well we ended up "too close to the metro ahead" so had to stop and wait 12 minutes on the bridge. Also got stuck in a tunnel at Gateshead because of a switch tripping on the back carriage, had to get some poor lad to walk down the tunnel and hold the switch down till we got to the next stop :lol:

So do I. Hate it. Stood next to an alky last night coming home, she stunk but the train was so packed I couldn’t move away. It was ok thought because the train failed and we were all kicked off at Heworth and had to cram onto the one 15mins later that was already full.

I’ve booked my motorbike theory test and will be commuting by motorbike come the spring.

Last edited:
I work in Gateshead and come through springwell village and then through the estate there and come out by heworth roundabout. Right fuck on but a lot quicker than sitting in a jame for 45 mins.

Back