Driving into Newcastle on a morning

daveydavey

Striker
Absolute aids at the moment with the Heworth road works, which in turn have made the A1 twice as hard to get on.

Setting off now when usually would leave 7.20. Would get the metro if it wasn't such a shower of shit.

Happy Wednesday .

Working from home today so don’t have to suffer it, the A19 and Felling bypass combo saps the f***ing life out of you before you even get into the office.

Wait until January when they start work on Heworth roundabout! :evil:

Is they a reason why ever major road in Tyneside seems to be having a massive amount of works done at the same time?! A19, Silverlink, Coast Road- it's f***ing mental.

Hate it me. I get a flat fee per job, so the quicker I get done, the quicker I get home.

Oh I can see why it would do most people head in mind, I popped through the back of Jarrow up to heworth the last time I had to drive up there in me own can, no traffic whatsoever at 7.30am, but im sure people have cottoned onto that way now

Absolute aids at the moment with the Heworth road works, which in turn have made the A1 twice as hard to get on.

Setting off now when usually would leave 7.20. Would get the metro if it wasn't such a shower of shit.

Happy Wednesday .
aids?

Is they a reason why ever major road in Tyneside seems to be having a massive amount of works done at the same time?! A19, Silverlink, Coast Road- it's f***ing mental.
Always heard it gets to a certain time of year and the council look at what's left in the kitty and blow it after scrimping all year

Last edited:
Absolute ball-ache and getting worse, doesn't help with it being far from peak holiday season. North Tyneside Council are clearly following me, every time i find a shortcut around the Silverlink they dig that up as well.

was thinking of applying for a job in Newcastle centre too, but my commute would be Seaham to Newcastle centre every day. Genuinely not sure I could hack it day in day out. Don't think there's much prospect of working from home either :neutral:

Back