Driving Instructors - Sunderland

Daughter has a driving test on December 9th. She needs a couple of lessons (from December 2nd after lockdown I assume) and then one on her test day.
Can anyone on here help me out? She failed her first test in October so has some competence.

My lass’ stepdad is a driving instructor who covers North Sunderland and City Centre. He said he’s inundated at the minute because of Covid but I can ask depending on where in Sunderland you are. Unfortunately I don’t know his schedule.

My lass’ stepdad is a driving instructor who covers North Sunderland and City Centre. He said he’s inundated at the minute because of Covid but I can ask depending on where in Sunderland you are. Unfortunately I don’t know his schedule.
Live in Houghton
Get her insured on your car and give her plenty practice, save a load of dosh aswell
A 17 year old on an X4 wouldn't work unfortunately.

Last edited:
As a durham instructor, imo youl find it very difficult to get someone to take her on at such short notice, particularly an independent instructor,
As a durham instructor, imo youl find it very difficult to get someone to take her on at such short notice, particularly an independent instructor,
As an add I will say a franchise company are likely to take on as they are not bothered about their instructors just your money

Last edited:
Yeah what @MEEKLANGLEYFTM said unfortunately Royston...
Seems everyone is particularly busy...me included....mostly from the backlog created from the first lockdown and not being able to get pupils through tests...
Her previous instructor not available ?

Daughter has a driving test on December 9th. She needs a couple of lessons (from December 2nd after lockdown I assume) and then one on her test day.
Can anyone on here help me out? She failed her first test in October so has some competence.
Debbie nixon Roker is spot on .

Cheers lads
Yeah what @MEEKLANGLEYFTM said unfortunately Royston...
Seems everyone is particularly busy...me included....mostly from the backlog created from the first lockdown and not being able to get pupils through tests...
Her previous instructor not available ?
No - she did the test in South Shields - her Sunderland instructor abandoned her and @Fred Basset on here from Shields took her on for a month and her test. She failed cos she was too cocky.

Last edited:
Cheers lads

No - she did the test in South Shields - her Sunderland instructor abandoned her and @Fred Basset on here from Shields took her on for a month and her test. She failed cos she was too cocky.

Bad crack like just abandoning her ...
And fred not able to take her this time round ?
Hopefully she can find someone to take her before the 9th , tho as shes not drove for about 5 weeks once we can start again its not a great amount of time...would she not entertain putting it back a bit ?

Back