Driving from durham to norwich

On me way to look at a job in Norwich. This a17 is never fuckin ending sick of me life
Done it a few times to Diss, longest, worst drive ever. It doesn’t matter whether you go down the A1 to Godmanchester and head east or go through Lincolnshire behind an HGV for miles.

Where in Norfolk are they as I ain't seen any of them. Now where is my anorak

The A17 crosses Lincolnshire marra. But clearly as you're in Norfolk where the A47 is and electricity hasn't reached yet, this may be more to your taste. If you're lucky, you'll see a few strays from Suffolk. ;)

Logon or register to see this image

Did I ever tell you how brilliant a place Norfolk is for pylon spotting? ;)

http://www.pylonofthemonth.org/

Just to try and spice up the thread a little.

Years back I did quite a big project with the National Grid, and I used to have a bit crack on with the blokes who designed these. They would call you all sorts if you called them pylons though, apparently the correct name is a transmission tower. Although there's basic templates, each one is uniquely designed for the underlying topology, the geological make up of where it's sited, prevailing weather conditions and its immediate neighbouring towers.

To add further spice, one of the pylon spotters is called "Flash Bristow". Pylon passion

You think it's bad now, you should have tried it 38 years ago when you had to go through all the villages.
Good luck with the interview.
Been down Norfolk 38 years and love it down here. Definitely the best thing I ever did moving away from the north east

Yeah I feel the same now after 8 years down here.

Takes some adjusting but it's great now

Back