Drinks Kitty

How did I know this was going to be your answer?
A night out is supposed to be an escape though. Not being stuck in a group all night waiting for people to go to the bar for you. I never worry about money I’d rather just have what I want and when I want not being pushed into forced fun.

I've done it a fair few times and it works really well, I dont knock about with dickheads though. Avoids people getting stung for a round and we just passed the kitty around so no one person had to queue and order all the drinks each time.

I’d disagree much easier for men as they tend to stick to pints , lasses anything from a half of lager to cocktails
This ^^^^^^^^^^^
women are a nightmare, you normally find you're stood at the bar so long ordering, by the time you get back to your seat, every buggers finished their drink and are ready for another. :lol:

It also doesn’t work if you have a tab between pubs. You’ve invariable got half left when you reach the next pub so they all pile in and ask you what you want, but you don’t know until you’ve had time to peruse the cask selection, so by the time you’ve finished your snout they’ve gone and ordered you a bottle of bud.

So, have I got this reet? There’s groups of grown men passing a little purse to each other when it’s time to gan to the bar?

It sounds studenty.

Plus, the theory that is stops people getting stung as its all equal is bollocks. Let's say one bloke drinks double ipas and the rest drink Fosters the bloke with taste scores as his costs the most yet everyone has put the same in, had the same number of pints.

As I said though, penny pinching on a night out sounds shite but the point still stands.
Would he be able to drink the same amount of double ipa as fosters?

So, have I got this reet? There’s groups of grown men passing a little purse to each other when it’s time to gan to the bar?
Exactly right. There also groups of grown men going to the bar getting their own little purse out saying 'right, what's everyone having?'

I was once on a Stag do with a Rugby team - we all stood with our backs to the bar as a bucket was passed down the line, each putting in what he could afford - the bar maid was told to start pulling pints, alternating between each pump on the bar then starting again at the beginning till the money was gone - I got sooooo drunk lol

I was once on a Stag do with a Rugby team - we all stood with our backs to the bar as a bucket was passed down the line, each putting in what he could afford - the bar maid was told to start pulling pints, alternating between each pump on the bar then starting again at the beginning till the money was gone - I got sooooo drunk lol
Rugby people don't half enjoy turning everything into some bizarre ritual.

never heard of such a practice, sounds a bit poncey. Does that mean the "kitty holder" has to get the pints in the whole night, why would anyone volunteer to do that?!?!?!

Ok guys, what are we having? Shampoo or Prosecco? Well it is wine o’clock after all. Eeh I love that gin, you know the purple one, tatstes of them lush little sweets. What? Ooh you slut well we can’t drink wkd all day some of us are watching our figures hahahahaha. A moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips...

Logon or register to see this image

Do yous go out in pink stetsons and white cowboy boots anarl?

f***ing blurts. Kitty indeed. Have what the fuck you want.

Last edited:
never heard of such a practice, sounds a bit poncey. Does that mean the "kitty holder" has to get the pints in the whole night, why would anyone volunteer to do that?!?!?!
Don't be dense. Everyone takes their turn as in a normal round, but instead of dipping into their own pocket they get the cash out of the kitty/off the kitty holder, then return the change when they've got their 'round' in.

It works better abroad when you have a bunch sitting round a table and the bar staff come to you, but it's easily doable over here as well as long as you've got a bit of common sense.

Back