Drinks Kitty

Works well with larger groups especially if it's over two days or more. Stops people dodging rounds and trying to remember how many rounds people got in the day before. It's not difficult to organise - put money into the kitty, take kitty to bar, get the drinks, put change back into kitty then pass it on to the next person going to the bar.

He does have a point though. Its only £2 if you only drink no more than 1 drink. Over the course of the night it'll be over £15

Unless you're out all the time that's hardly a bank breaker.
I tend to avoid rounds due to the fatties necking it at twice the rate & cant keep up. Plus my drinks tend to be a bit stronger than their cooking lager so it just makes more sense to get my own

Tbf that's more me marra. They're supping Coors lights (which makes necking it understandable) whilst I will usually have an IPA or at this time of year a porter/stout.

Was more meaning if you're into a group carry on then I'd much rather than go in rounds than all this kitty bollocks.
Aye so over 10 rounds that’s £20. Might not be a big deal if you go out and spend with impunity, but if you’re on a budget it is. Say there are 4 of you and you hoy £40 in each. Three are on £4 drinks and you’re on £2 drinks. There’s only enough in the kitty for 11 rounds, but if you were getting your own you could afford 20.

Yes, but I've at no point said I'd go in a kitty. I'm saying they're shite and I'd rather just go in rounds, and if someone ends up paying a tad more, so be it. Tbh, I'd rather stay in if it means going on the drink with a calculator.

But I know you're not alone in your thinking. You get plenty doing it with meals as well, sitting their working out exacts. I usually get stung slightly on those occasions, as I drink less with bait. But still happy to just split the bill ewiakoas it's not as if we do it a lot.

Last edited:
Unless you're out all the time that's hardly a bank breaker.

Tbf that's more me marra. They're supping Coors lights (which makes necking it understandable) whilst I will usually have an IPA or at this time of year a porter/stout.

Was more meaning if you're into a group carry on then I'd much rather than go in rounds than all this kitty bollocks.

Yes, but I've at no point said I'd go in a kitty. I'm saying they're shite and I'd rather just go in rounds, and if someone ends up paying a tad more, so be it. Tbh, I'd rather stay in if it means going on the drink with a calculator.

But I know you're not alone in your thinking. You get plenty doing it with meals as well, sitting their working out exacts. I usually get stung slightly on those occasions, as I drink less with bait. But still happy to just split the bill ewiakoas it's not as if we do it a lot.

I agree the kitty thing is a load of shite

Need to change your friends if that's what they do.
This.

I’m the expensive drinker when I go out with my mates (I’m a beer snob and they drink Tennents). I always make a point of getting a round in the “expensive” pub, and in Wetherspoons there’s usually a decent real ale on that’s cheaper than Tennants so it makes up for it.

It’s shite when we are on a night out with multiple couples though because my Mrs is the only woman in the World who doesn’t seem to drink cocktails so it’s usually a beer for all the guys and a glass of wine for my wife whilst the other women all drink £10 cocktails and I cry as my money is wasted on other people’s fancy drinks. We were out with 2 couples earlier in the year and my Mrs’ pal’s (now-ex)boyfriend was drinking cocktails as well. One of the other men and I knew he was a wrongun when he ordered a Bloody Mary within 5mins if us meeting him for the first time!

We do this regularly.
You can go from £6 a round to £12.80 depending on venue. Sling £25 each in and no one gets stung anything left goes to a reserve for our holidays.

I just think it sounds an utterly bizarre concept, which I’ve never seen before.
Is it worth the hassle of kitty holder having to go to the bar each time just so somebody doesn’t get stung with the occasional expensive round?

As long as everyone’s drinking the same and are all happy with a round of shots chucked in every now and again it works brilliantly. Worked an absolute treat on a weekend on the piss in Düsseldorf.

Would never do it when out with the lads, it would be dreadful....

Me and the wife go on holiday every year with the same couple, we always have a kitty, just easier when there is just the 4 of us, i don't mind what anyone drinks, it's all out of the same pot.....

I just think it sounds an utterly bizarre concept, which I’ve never seen before.
Is it worth the hassle of kitty holder having to go to the bar each time just so somebody doesn’t get stung with the occasional expensive round?

It sounds studenty.

Plus, the theory that is stops people getting stung as its all equal is bollocks. Let's say one bloke drinks double ipas and the rest drink Fosters the bloke with taste scores as his costs the most yet everyone has put the same in, had the same number of pints.

As I said though, penny pinching on a night out sounds shite but the point still stands.

Last edited:
Would never do it when out with the lads, it would be dreadful....

Me and the wife go on holiday every year with the same couple, we always have a kitty, just easier when there is just the 4 of us, i don't mind what anyone drinks, it's all out of the same pot.....
I just wonder why I’ve been drinking for 30 years and never come across one before.
It sounds studenty.

Plus, the theory that is stops people getting stung as its all equal is bollocks. Let's say one bloke drinks double ipas and the rest drink Fosters the bloke with taste scores as his costs the most yet everyone has put the same in, had the same number of pints.

As I said though, penny pinching on a night out sounds shite but the point still stands.
It sounds like the kind of thing that happens when you go out with your mate’s mates and they’re all a bit zany and show offy and you’re not in on any of the jokes. Then they make you go in a kitty and they keep buying shite drinks you don’t want, while they leave a half behind in every pub. Then they all conk out and disappear by midnight and you’re left on your own.

Last edited:
I hate stag dos.

Went on a stag do once and they wanted to do this. They’d been on about hiring a ‘beer bike’ as well. Fuck that. Anyway I was having none of this and me and my mate ended up f***ing off and spending the weekend on our own away from them lot.

I hate stag dos.

Went on a stag do once and they wanted to do this. They’d been on about hiring a ‘beer bike’ as well. Fuck that. Anyway I was having none of this and me and my mate ended up f***ing off and spending the weekend on our own away from them lot.
How did I know this was going to be your answer?

Back