Drinks Kitty

Did this down Blackpool a few months ago on a session, unfortunately some dick head thought he was clever and started buying shots a 4pm, he was in bed by 6pm after complaining about where all the kitty had gone.

I love a drinks kitty on a night out. Always seems to end up being cheaper and it’s like having a waiter or waitress because your chosen drink just appears in front of you.
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. You’ll have someone drinking 1.99 pints and others drinking £4 bottles.
Knows ^

Just drink with blokes marra. They tend not to penny pinch like women. Plus, they'll drink pints, which don't vary too much in price anyway.
Aye they do, massively
Nah, not us. Tried it and it’s always shite as people start to disappear and stuff.
I have to go to the bar every time to choose a drink anyway, so I might as well get my own.
You drink with @Dave Herbal then
Here man, I get irked if I’m out with the Mrs and she buys daft gins when I’m on pints. Fucks up my spending calculations.

Last edited:
Did it on a stag doo in Dubai once few years back. Was excellent.
£200 a head per day and it sorted all drink / food / entrance to clubs etc.
knew exactly what I’d spent and no messing about at the bar getting rounds in.

We do a kitty most times were out and have never had any problems.

Off to Dublin 3 weeks tomorrow and the six of us have a big fuck off kitty ready to go. Can’t wait.

Always have a whip if few of us are out and about.

Jist easier except im often the holder and it gets mixed in with your own cash so you can't remember so sling in a bit more of your own

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. You’ll have someone drinking 1.99 pints and others drinking £4 bottles.

Aye they do, massively

I have to go to the bar every time to choose a drink anyway, so I might as well get my own.

Here man, I get irked if I’m out with the Mrs and she buys daft gins when I’m on pints. Fucks up my spending calculations.

They don't. The example you gave was a massive two quid difference :lol:

Does anyone else have a holiday kitty purse?

Just to be clear, I don't either, but the lad who likes being in charge of money has invested in one. It even has "kitty" written on the side. (He's seemingly straight, but a former copper, so obviously a bit weird)

Knows ^

Just drink with blokes marra. They tend not to penny pinch like women. Plus, they'll drink pints, which don't vary too much in price anyway.

I tend to avoid rounds due to the fatties necking it at twice the rate & cant keep up. Plus my drinks tend to be a bit stronger than their cooking lager so it just makes more sense to get my own

We do it on our (now) annual lads trip to Portugal.

Pay for our own bait, then when we hit the boozers we chuck €20 each into a kitty. Where we go, everything's dirt cheap and the prices are all much of a muchness so everyone drinks what they want. We're all grown-ups so no-one complains and it's cheaper than rounds in the long run. It all evens out in the end.

It avoids the scenario of some people getting stung in the more expensive bars while some get away with the cheaper prices in others.

They don't. The example you gave was a massive two quid difference :lol:
Aye so over 10 rounds that’s £20. Might not be a big deal if you go out and spend with impunity, but if you’re on a budget it is. Say there are 4 of you and you hoy £40 in each. Three are on £4 drinks and you’re on £2 drinks. There’s only enough in the kitty for 11 rounds, but if you were getting your own you could afford 20.
Never even heard of the hewwer. :lol:

Rounds has never been a problem for us like. Wouldn't trust anyone I know with a kitty, we'd end up absolutely fucked by 7pm.
True story. I’ve been out with work where everything is on the bosses tab and people come back from the bar with trays of aftershocks and other such nonsense.

Last edited:
I love a drinks kitty on a night out. Always seems to end up being cheaper and it’s like having a waiter or waitress because your chosen drink just appears in front of you.
Very much a southern thing in my experience. Whilst it sounds a good idea in theory you generally need some daft sod to take charge of it. It's a no from me.

Back