Drinking

Have a bottle of red every night. 2 bottles and 4 pint cans on a weekend. Doeant affect me as much as it should. Gonna try to have days off during the week but cant remember a day i havent drank tbh. Call me a drunk if you want but im no quitter

I wouldn't call you a drunk, I'd call you another statistic when it comes to liver disease.

What a load of rubbish.
A statistic thats not happened yet. Interesting view. I can see why you're respected by everyone on the board now.

You do you mate, but you're drinking a worrying amount. You can't remember when you last had a booze-free day, and you're drinking over 460 units of alcohol a month. To put that in perspective, that's about six pints a night, every night and more alcohol in a week than the average person should have in almost two months:

9 bottles of wine at 10 units a bottle - 90 units
8 pint cans of beer at 2 units a can - 16 units

That's about 106 units a week, or 15 a day, so 470 over a 31 day month.

The average person should drink 14 units a week, that's two a day or over two months, 124 units.

So your 106 in a week is almost the recommended limit for two months.

Last edited:
You do you mate, but you're drinking a worrying amount. You can't remember when you last had a booze-free day, and you're drinking over 420 units of alcohol a month. To put that in perspective, that's about six pints a night, every night and more alcohol in a week than the average person should have in two months.
Worry all you want marra I don’t worry about anything.

You do you mate, but you're drinking a worrying amount. You can't remember when you last had a booze-free day, and you're drinking over 460 units of alcohol a month. To put that in perspective, that's about six pints a night, every night and more alcohol in a week than the average person should have in almost two months:

The average person should drink 14 units a week, that's two a day or over two months, 124 units.

That is way too low. 7 pints a week man, not even enough to get pissed once

Jesus wept - I get sick of hearing this drivel.

I admit that i drink a lot and that i always have.

All my life i have been constantly reminded and warned that my drinking would see the end of me.

This has been going on since i was 18 and i am now 62.

I guess i average around 144 units a week.

I dont get drunk - I dont bother anyone - I workout everyday - I dont have any serious health problems.

So whats your problem with Social Drinkers?

Probably drop down dead tomorra now i have said this lol

Jesus wept - I get sick of hearing this drivel.

I admit that i drink a lot and that i always have.

All my life i have been constantly reminded and warned that my drinking would see the end of me.

This has been going on since i was 18 and i am now 62.

I guess i average around 144 units a week.

I dont get drunk - I dont bother anyone - I workout everyday - I dont have any serious health problems.

So whats your problem with Social Drinkers?

Probably drop down dead tomorra now i have said this lol

I was the same as you getting telt from barmaids who'd see me fall owa pissed then give me a bollocking for been pissed :lol:

To marras who'd then happily lend me £20 so I could start over again

To my family

I'm 48 now & seen most of the barmaids & my marras off lost two last year year to the drink I'm still gan strong

My 10th morning sober

Haven't had a bottle of cider on a morning now I've missed it but been defo worth it fir the few quid I've
Managed to save my self

Like you probably get knocked owa later on gan to my alcky meeting :lol:

I was the same as you getting telt from barmaids who'd see me fall owa pissed then give me a bollocking for been pissed :lol:

To marras who'd then happily lend me £20 so I could start over again

To my family

I'm 48 now & seen most of the barmaids & my marras off lost two last year year to the drink I'm still gan strong

My 10th morning sober

Haven't had a bottle of cider on a morning now I've missed it but been defo worth it fir the few quid I've
Managed to save my self

Like you probably get knocked owa later on gan to my alcky meeting :lol:

Top Man:)

Got sick of the hangovers,would go to the footie on Saturdays and drink all day then spend the Sunday really hungover,guess I just out grew getting drunk all the time
In the end my hangovers were lasting 2 days,thought to myself this is just not worth it,I only drink now if I am going away for weekends which is not very often,only drank twice this year and that was our 2 trips to Wembley

That's only cause of your daft shift patterns at graft :lol:
Haven't really drank for a few years now mate,can't be arsed with it apart from on the odd occasion I go away for weekends

Last edited:
Got sick of the hangovers,would go to the footie on Saturdays and drink all day then spend the Sunday really hungover,guess I just out grew getting drunk all the time
In the end my hangovers were lasting 2 days,thought to myself this is just not worth it,I only drink now if I am going away for weekends which is not very often,only drank twice this year and that was our 2 trips to Wembley

Haven't really drank for a few years now mate,can't be arsed with it apart from on the odd occasion I go away for weekends

I've had some monumental hang overs worst I didn't dare blink in case I followed through

Weekend starts tonight here in M.East so im reet on it tonight, a 4 hour brunch the morn then just a fee Sat afternoon cos its a school night.

Back