Drinking

When I was your age I was doing booze runs to France for cases of those little bottles of beer - was bringing back a couple of hundred cases a time. Then I broke my arm in a motorbike accident and was off work for 6 months and started drinking a case a night while playing Sonic the bastard Hedgehog. Had to knock it on the head when I went back to work mind.

i used to do the run to Eastenders in Calais once a week, big money earner before it got popular. the owner ended up getting his throat cut by his son iirc

Another evening where I’ve had a single pint and then come home.
Can I fuck do that. I’ve been fitting flooring at home all day (badly) and called in to the offy. Bought 4 big bottles of bitburger and a bottle of French red. Will sink them all. I absolutely can’t just have one drink.

No it was some sort of Pilsner, in a black cardboard case, I used to have no bother getting rid of them cos they were 4.8% and most of the stuff people were getting was 4% or less.
Mate text me. Saint Omer?

Is that it?

i used to do the run to Eastenders in Calais once a week, big money earner before it got popular. the owner ended up getting his throat cut by his son iirc
What beer?

Last edited:
Can I fuck do that. I’ve been fitting flooring at home all day (badly) and called in to the offy. Bought 4 big bottles of bitburger and a bottle of French red. Will sink them all. I absolutely can’t just have one drink.

Is that it?

What beer?

cases of fizzy white was the big earner, ESP stubbies and in a green bottle Nordheim or summit like that this was mid 90's, plus the rolling baccy

Is that it?

What beer?

Nope, the bottles were a slightly different shape from the normal ones and the labels were mainly black - looked like german but they weren't. They cost about 50p a case more to buy but as I say they were much easier to get rid of. We were subbies for Middlesborough Council and we used to hide about 30 cases a day in the works van and drive into their depots at dinnertime and they'd come running out.

:lol:. every hire van in the North East was on the late ferry on a friday night, some lads lost their money before they got off in games of 3 card brag

The Glennfiddich 12 was £6 a litre bottle but you were only allowed to buy one. We used to ponce all the boarding passes off people and keep going back with different t-shirts on, baseball caps etc. Used to sell them for a tenner.

Back