Drinking

I didn’t mean you, there are plenty on here though who do. Sit alone indoors on a friday and saturday night getting pissed. Absolute wrong uns

Bizarrely if I don't have plans on a Friday or Saturday I won't drink at all. I'll order a takeaway and watch a film or something.

Through the week I'll quite happily go to the pub on my tod though. It's the sort of pub where everyone knows everyone though, so it doesn't matter.

I never ever drink during the week, rarely on weekends either, just not my thing to be fair.

Nothing against those who do, when the recycling is out it is amazing to see how many tins and bottles are left out for the binmen to takeaway, some serious drinking going on behind closed doors.

Some people like a drink as it helps them relax I suppose if they have stressful jobs, nowt wrong with that. I know some lads (and lasses) who have a good drink every night and get up for work the next day, fair play to them.

People shitting themselves about having a drink in the house are people frightened they can't control themselves when the do.

Far from it ..I just don't get any pleasure from it.. booze is to be drank with mates and banter

Or at the very least with something to read while you also people watch

I've been drinking most nights for the past year. Once I'm back from work and the kids are in bed, my head is battered, so I have a few unwinders. I'm knocking it on the head, I'm getting a decent kite on me and I'm 40 next year. It's a slippery slope

Never had a drink in the house in my life, actually have not had a drink at all for years, it just does not agree eith me.

Bizarrely if I don't have plans on a Friday or Saturday I won't drink at all. I'll order a takeaway and watch a film or something.

Through the week I'll quite happily go to the pub on my tod though. It's the sort of pub where everyone knows everyone though, so it doesn't matter.

Would love a pub like that near me. Probably good thing I don't like.

Far from it ..I just don't get any pleasure from it.. booze is to be drank with mates and banter

Or at the very least with something to read while you also people watch
Booze is to be drank when you fancy it, there's no rules, only those you make yourself, I once talked to lad on holiday he felt guilty for having a cold pint at 10 in the morning, why the fuck he should feel guilty was beyond me, I put it down to the pressure society puts on people, as long as he controlled himself there's no reason not to have a drink when and where, the fact that you don't enjoy a pint in the house is your business and that's fine, but millions of other people would disagree with you.

Looking back once I went past the teenage years I barely drank during the week for decades. Early mornings and long days and being so reliant on a clear head and a clean driving license was sufficient to keep me sober.
My weekend reward became a few good sessions.
Once retired and living abroad in a beautiful but pretty isolated spot and with decent wine available at silly prices it became very easy to knock back a bottle most nights, then it became a bottle and a few cans. And then...

I've scaled it right back this year and try and keep it to 2 or 3 glasses and then on to non alcoholic beers. I really enjoyed those years of regularly drinking way in excess of what the majority on here apparently think appropriate but you know tides come in and tides go out, and at this moment my drinking is at a relatively low water mark.

Would love a pub like that near me. Probably good thing I don't like.

It was a boozer I refused to go in for a long time because I absolutely despised the manager. But when I found out he left I started going in a fair bit to the point now that they'll start pouring my drink before I've ever got to the bar and they let me put the the dog behind the bar when I need to go for a piss and that. A canny bunch.

It was a boozer I refused to go in for a long time because I absolutely despised the manager. But when I found out he left I started going in a fair bit to the point now that they'll start pouring my drink before I've ever got to the bar and they let me put the the dog behind the bar when I need to go for a piss and that. A canny bunch.
What type of dog have you got for yourself there mate?

Back