Drinking

Just be having the 1 pint tonight, taking the lass out so be driving.

Did the Bubbalicious Brunch a few years ago. Thought I was big and clever drinking everything available to me in the midday sun. Woke up in the morning covered in shite :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

It's all fun and games till you wake up in the morning covered in shite

Jesus wept - I get sick of hearing this drivel.

I admit that i drink a lot and that i always have.

All my life i have been constantly reminded and warned that my drinking would see the end of me.

This has been going on since i was 18 and i am now 62.

I guess i average around 144 units a week.

I dont get drunk - I dont bother anyone - I workout everyday - I dont have any serious health problems.

So whats your problem with Social Drinkers?

Probably drop down dead tomorra now i have said this lol

Drivel? I’m suitably qualified to know what I’m talking about. Are you?

When I was your age I was doing booze runs to France for cases of those little bottles of beer - was bringing back a couple of hundred cases a time. Then I broke my arm in a motorbike accident and was off work for 6 months and started drinking a case a night while playing Sonic the bastard Hedgehog. Had to knock it on the head when I went back to work mind.
I did a few in my Dad's vans. Some of the most surreal experiences of my life. :lol:

cases of fizzy white was the big earner, ESP stubbies and in a green bottle Nordheim or summit like that this was mid 90's, plus the rolling baccy
Crustaceans wine is one I remember. :lol:

Yep, the one down a little country lane? You had to park in the lane and they just dropped the pallet outside the van. We used to get there about 2 in the morning and it was lit up with burning pallets :)
Like I said, surreal as fuck. :lol:

you'd have loved his dress sense
Dave West (entrepreneur) - Wikipedia
:lol:
I think I met him.

My problem is that one bottle isn't quite enough, and when you've opened the second......
Though I have at least 9 days completely off it every 5 weeks due to my shift pattern.
Renamed the night shift the detox shift.
I've always advocated litre bottles of wine. 750ml is one glass too few but like you say, once you crack the second bottle all bets are off. :lol:

Drivel? I’m suitably qualified to know what I’m talking about. Are you?
He's talking about enjoying things. Are you suitably qualified to argue?

Last edited:
I did a few in my Dad's vans. Some of the most surreal experiences of my life. :lol:

I think I met him.

I've always advocated litre bottles of wine. 750ml is one glass too few but like you say, once you crack the second bottle all bets are off. :lol:

Remember the wine with the twisted neck?

Mates dad was knocking them out about £2 n this fecking spanish restaurant in hpool was charging £15 for them!:lol:

After the day I've had, I'm having a rare midweek beer.

To start it off I find a screw in the shoulder of a 5-month-old tyre. Had to get a new one sorted as it was too close to the edge to repair, £160 lighter. I jump on my motorbike to go to work, call past Sainsburys to pick up my lunch and my key snaps inside the lock on the top box. I had to leave my lunch behind customer services, ride home then drill the lock out so I could get my work clothes, laptop, etc out before going back to Sainsburys to pick up my lunch. All that before 10am.

I think I met him.

I took me mam once to mix it up a bit because the cops were starting to get wise. It was mental watching her load beer into the van at 2 in the morning in a french country lane :)

Would love another pint but got car. With my lass at a pub in Howdon for her mates leaving do.

Heads battered they have karaoke here fat birds singing thinking their mint.

Bag of cats comes to mind.

Giving it 30 more mins and I'm off fuck this lol will give her taxi fare

You do you mate, but you're drinking a worrying amount. You can't remember when you last had a booze-free day, and you're drinking over 460 units of alcohol a month. To put that in perspective, that's about six pints a night, every night and more alcohol in a week than the average person should have in almost two months:

9 bottles of wine at 10 units a bottle - 90 units
8 pint cans of beer at 2 units a can - 16 units

That's about 106 units a week, or 15 a day, so 470 over a 31 day month.

The average person should drink 14 units a week, that's two a day or over two months, 124 units.

So your 106 in a week is almost the recommended limit for two months.
I get the levels you have said , but most people i know drink way above that. Not by a little bit either. I should have a day or 2 at least a week without any drink, i know that. I was at the gym yesterday but still drank the same when i got home :lol:

Back