Drinking out of date beer

I've got four cans of Samson, Lambtons, and four bottles of Double Max and Waggledance all bought at the time the Vaux closed. Not planning on drinking them any time soon.

A lot of beers get better with time so best before really depends on the style. I doubt a Goose Island IPA would get any better but it won’t do you any damage b

IPA like Goose Island will lose it's hoppiness as it gets older but it'll never really 'go off' if it's stored in a cool, dark place.

People keep some high ABV stouts and porters for decades before supping.

House-sitting for my grandparents in 2017, they told me they had some cans of Coke in the garage if I fancied them but they might be a bit out of date. Went in, got one, "best before August 2001". :lol:

Drank it. Didn't die.

I was on the little village in Norway once and didn’t fancy Carlsberg or any of the other shite lager they had. The only other beer available was cans of Guinness. Ordered one and started drinking it and it was f***ing rank. Just tasted of tin. When I looked it was two years out of date.

House-sitting for my grandparents in 2017, they told me they had some cans of Coke in the garage if I fancied them but they might be a bit out of date. Went in, got one, "best before August 2001". :lol:

Drank it. Didn't die.

The brewery I worked in did soft drinks as well. We did the microbiology analysis on some canned lemonade and it was contaminated. They said the acid in the pop would eventually kill the bacteria. The pallet was held and we kept testing it every so often. After a while it did test clear, so it was sent out to trade.

What do you think the cut-off date would be? When I watch the Walking Dead they're knocking back beer and I'm worried for them.
I don't think there's going to be a zombie apocalypse but hopefully something similar so I don't have to go to work.
Apparently it's 2 years. Even then it won't kill you just taste rank.

Back